Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with refreshing to find controllers

Brad Ford

Hey everybody!

I've got a problem that I haven't encountered before. When I started testing things for this years show i hooked up the rs485 adapter, resfreshed to find the controllers and no problem. I can control the lights from the hardware utility just like it's supposed to. But then when I try to run a sequence all the leds on the controllers start blinking again and no lights work. It's like the software "forgets" the controllers are there. When I refresh it finds them again and the HU controls the lights just fine but try the sequences again and same thing. They all start blinking again. After more "tinkering" I also find that when I close the HU same thing...all the controllers seem to be lost again (leds blinking)....I'm confused on this one. Can anyone help? Thanks!

If no LOR software is running, Sequence Editor (SE), Hardware Utility (HWU) or LOR Control Panel, then it is perfectly normal for the status LED on the controller to start blinking.

If the Sequence Editor is open and "Control Lights" is not checked, the status light will blink.

If the LOR Control Panel is running, but no shows are enabled, the status light will blink.

When you open the HWU, it will search out the controllers, and signal will be established. When you close the HWU, signal is lost, and the controllers status LED will start blinking again.

When playing a sequence from the SE, make sure you HWU is closed, shows are disabled, and "Control Lights" is checked.