Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble programing fast sequence section

Guest guest

I am having trouble doing a fast sequence on my song. I have put the speed at 1/2 rate and when I hit the run to view the visible screen section, the music starts then 3 seconds later the scrolling marker starts. This is causing a problem due to the scroll not being in sync with the music. I am running the 1.6.1 program. Please help, getting very frustrated with this section of the song.

clee wrote:

I am having trouble doing a fast sequence on my song. I have put the speed at 1/2 rate and when I hit the run to view the visible screen section, the music starts then 3 seconds later the scrolling marker starts. This is causing a problem due to the scroll not being in sync with the music. I am running the 1.6.1 program. Please help, getting very frustrated with this section of the song.

I am not sure why this is happening. Programming will take a look at it as soon as possible. (programmers will be in on Monday).

Thanks everyone for the help. When I converted it over to a wav form it worked great. Music and lights sync'd perfect at 1/2 speed. Again thanks everyone.

I take it it is better to run wavs in LOR than MP3?

You can use either or, but during sequencing, it is best to convert to WAV. After you finish your sequence and are happy with it, you can change back to MP3. I run my show from my PC, not the MP3 Director, so WAV works just fine with the show for me.

It's just preference since each have pros/cons. You can get great performance with either format.

The only other "gotcha!" worth mentioning is variable bit rate (VBR). Some MP3s do have VBR with causes sync problems even at normal speeds! Such MP3s will cause the sync to be different when running the full sequence vs. the visible screen. The solution? Convert to WAVs or run the MP3 through audacity which will eliminate VBR.

I use WAV files for everything LOR related. It's a nice standard, and you should have fewer problems overall. There are too many variables in the MP3 format to consider... make one change, and your timings could be off.