LOR Pictures

Guest guest

Robin,

Your second picture show your boards with 3 way plugs on the ends, did they come that way or did you do that yoursef. They look like the showtime package so just wondering. I like that idea.

Roman

Here's a sample photo of some of my boards (rest are on the other side of the house. I'll be posting dozens of photos of my setup on my website in a few days once our display is safely packed away for the season... 11, 16-port boards are shown in this picture.

Jeff
trykoskilorinstall-2005.jpg

heres a pic of one of my controllers: I stripped all my own cords and used a topaware contrainer because I couldnt find any decent enclosures cheap.

Attached files 15443=880-ctb-16d.JPG

yes if your wondering that is a weight(the gold thing)lol, its just there to level the board out, its on a slant and is on a decline aswell.

Robin:

I like your setup. What type of enclosures are those? I'm looking for the same type of box and can't find them? Also, about how much do they cost?

This will be a very very very helpfull posting for alot of us new to LOR. By the way Jeff T. that looks like way to much of a headache to me.

Actually, it's a piece of cake to maintain. Everything is numbered (boards, circuits, extension cords) and gets fed into a big spreadsheet so you can troubleshoot down to the strand level. I'll take some better photos tioday.

Pics of my setup are at:

www.plymouthlights.com/lor.htm

My 'better' ones are near the bottom of the page, the older ones are in 'Tupperware' type containers. Look silly but have worked fine for 3 seasons now.

I'm a BIG believer in putting the boards as near to the lights as practical. I'd go absolutely loony if I had to maintain a setup like Jeff T's. Just looking at that much wire makes my head hurt. Yeah there are some disadvantages (more likely to get vandalized perhaps) but it sure is nice to have most of my mini trees plugging right into the LOR box without ANY extension cords... If you're really worried about security use a decent metal enclosure and padlock them to something immobile...

-Tim

Bryce wrote:

16 Channel with grounding bar.

I like the grounding bar. Ok thou Bryce, Robin and Jeff T., you all appear to be using the same enclosures. What are they and were did you get them?

These are the RiteTime enclosures from Home Depot. They were on clearance a year or so ago and cheep. You can still find a few on Ebay but Home Depot no longer stocks them.

Bryce

Ok just got back on so will answer questions that have been asked.

The cords are three ways and they have grounding wires though you do not need them on plastic boxes..

The boxes are the famous RiteTime Boxes.

I used small bolts for standoffs on the back side of the LOR cards.

One other thing. You see colored electrical tape on my cords. What I do is put tape around each of my cords to represent a number. For instance #1 is white. When I go through the first 8 then #9 has two white pieces of tape and it goes through the rest till #16.

Inside each box is the box ID number as I paint my boxes black so they do not show. I also write down the color code inside each box. When I bring an extension cord to plug it into LOR I put a piece of color tape on it for that channel. Then at end of year just take off that piece of tape.

When I am programming I do the same thing. I label what each item is like mega tree1.01 and it is white. When I get to channel 1.16 I can not use double white so I just use a light grey. This just seemed easy for me to see what was what and to associate a color to it. I know others write on the cords or put on tags but I just thought this worked for me.

Robin.........where are you/and everyone else getting these plug ends?? What are yall doing with the other end?? Throwing them away?? Price on these?? Thanks Chris

Hey Tall Guy,

You are the closest PC Member that I have ever had in over 7 years. I am here in glencoe, right outside of gadsden.

To answer your question, I believe they are using the ones that dan sells on his site.

Actually, bought a bunch of them at WalMart last year. I mean boxes for $0.94 each. They are heavy duty for sure. A lot of people purchased them here.

Now here is the down side. Some of them are so darn loose that you have to tape the male plugs on them. Really stinks. When I build my next boards I am going to use plain old extension cords that can handle about 10amps. You will never use that on any single channel. Then I will use the black cords I have left over for the power feeds.

Hey will get that video out to you soon. It is setting right behind me. :laughing:

No I am not throwing the other end away. I keep them in a box just in case I need them for something. Make sure I cut off enough to be able to use later.