Light-O-Rama Forums

software question.

dave

ok, I have been out of the loop for a long time. the version of LOR I have now is, 3.1.4. but my license status says that i can continue to use version 2.9 or lower without renewing your license. so, im not sure whats going on.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

When you check your license does it also say, "and any version released by xx/xx/xx"?

Your license is good for one year from the date of purchase/renewal. So if version 9.87 is out 6 months from the date you purchase/renew, you would still be able to run it.

License Status

Summary

Your license does not cover version 3.8. To use this version, you will have to purchase a license renewal.

However, you can continue to use version 2.9 or lower without renewing your license.

Details

LOR Feature Level: Advanced

SuperStar Feature Level: Demo

Max Version: 2.9

Okay, so when you open the Sequence Editor, does it say Demo? (Have you registered it?)

I would find it odd that your 2.9 license would activate anything higher than 2.9.

Well it says that my license doesnt cover this version, that I need to purchase an updated version or install an earlier version.

When you said

the version of LOR I have now is, 3.1.4. but my license status says that i can continue to use version 2.9 or lower without renewing your license. so, im not sure whats going on.

Dave

I thought that meant you had the software installed and running on your computer. (Thus implying that you've used 3.1.4 in the past.)

But ...

Well it says that my license doesnt cover this version, that I need to purchase an updated version or install an earlier version.

This has me wondering if you have just downloaded 3.1.4, and are trying to register it for the first time.

Either way, you need to renew your license here. That will let you run the most recent version of software (which as of this post is 3.8.0)

I downloaded 3.1.4 in the beginning of 2011. I think, not exactly sure. I registered it then. I started to draw out my display, and, well, life happened. I havent done anything since. Now, it does say that I am in demo mode. So I am guessing that I need to renew my license.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my LO rama software on my laptop for running my shows, but i would like to have it on my desktop computer to do my sequenceing . How do i put it on my desktop ? i tried and it said i didnt have the rights to do so . lol can i get some help?

I have my LO rama software on my laptop for running my shows, but i would like to have it on my desktop computer to do my sequenceing . How do i put it on my desktop ? i tried and it said i didnt have the rights to do so . lol can i get some help?

When do you get the "do not have permission to install" message? Better yet, what is the exact error message? I don't recall seeing this type of error in the past. Almost sounds like a Windows error.

Your license is good for up to 5 computers, but even if you had used all of your license seats the software would still install in demo mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having to replace my mother board & hard drive. Before I do that , how do I un-install my LOR software & save the lic key so as to re-install it after computer repairs ?

sully@onellion.us