Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director vs. Show Director

Guest guest

I am trying to see the draw back of the using the mini director vs. the Show Director. I have a show director and love it, I am helping a friend with his first LOR purchase. I do not want to suggest he spend an extra $100 unless there is good reason.

Thanks for your help.

I believe the new one has I/O ports, and is small enough to be velcroed right inside one of the new LOR160xW controllers.

Greg

EDIT: it looks li0ke they both fit in a regular controller, but the new one is still smaller

Additionally, as far as I can tell, you cannot schedule with the mini; i.e. you cannot program it to start running shows at, say, 7:00 pm and stop at 11:00 pm. The mini immediately starts running show 1 once power is applied and the SD card is inserted.

Also, you couldn't program it to run show #1 on Mon, Wed, and Fri and show #2 on other days.

*Disclaimer* I deduced this from the documentation. I don't own either product.

frhodes wrote:

I am trying to see the draw back of the using the mini director vs. the Show Director. I have a show director and love it, I am helping a friend with his first LOR purchase. I do not want to suggest he spend an extra $100 unless there is good reason.

Thanks for your help.

The mDM-MP3 can handle most situations. It does not have a scheduler so the controllers would need to be on timers or you would need to run a switch to it to start/stop the show.

The LOR-DC-MP3 unit has more aux ports for future expansion, You can power it with a wall transformer and in turn it can power a Easy Light Linker.

The can only be powered directly by a controller.

I used the show director last year with NO problems. I would never use a pc unless I had to with this device around!

I have extra san disk cards that I put different shows on. For instance, one that runs continous, one that runs longer, and a test card for my mega trees.