Light-O-Rama Forums

Having trouble downloading Light o rama software windows 7

719matt3796

Hi guys im new to LOR. Just got my 32 channel setup. My lap top I think got a virus trying to download LAME mp3. I think. So I tried to download LOR to my desk top windows 7 and its not letting the first screen come up the "welcome to new found Hardware wizards" page. Help please.......Also If I buy my sequences do they come with the songs already fixed for LOR. Thanks guys any help is awesome.

I can't help with the install issue, but depending on where you buy your sequences from, they may or may not come with the audio file associated with them, Private individuals may offer their sequences for sale, but won't include the audio track, but if you buy a sequence from LOR or possibly one of their partners that sell their equipment and sequences, most of those usually do come with the audio track.

However, still keep in mind, the sequence{s} you buy are not plug and play, you just can't drop them in and expect your display to work, you will have to modify each and every sequence to your particular displays props, lights and other elements to get the most out of any sequence you don't create yourself. It won't take as much time to "modify" an existing sequence, well not usually, as it would to create your own from a blank slate.

Good Luck with everything and Welcome to the addiction, ummm, Hobby!

Ok well I did recieve the audio with my sequences. And I watched a tutorial on cutting and pasting. Thanks for the reply. Still cant figure out why I cant download to my desk top. Is it possible if I got a virus on my lap top could it of infected my disc too? When I insert disc it shows a LOR icon then if i click on that it is 6 pages of blank pages. I can not get it to start downloading. I do have a computer guy coming tuesday to look at my lap top. any earlier help would be awesome as im excited to get going!

Ok if you have a disk, I presume a CD, then no your CD more than likely is not infected. Now I believe you are trying to install the program off of the CD. Downloading would be if you went to the LOR site (not forum) and download the program from their site. Then you would still install the program onto your computer. Now I dont know how far back in versions you can go and it would still install and run on a Windows 7 computer. So, what version do you have on the disk? Explore the CD and look for a file called Set-up or Autoexec, or maybe even Install.