Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Contest Videos

Guest guest

WooHoo! I had 2 videos make the "32 Channel or less" page.:waycool:

O Come All Ye Faithful (Not listed but it is by TSO)
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman - Manheim Steamroller

Not bad for a newbie last year. Thanks to everyone on this board for providing the help, inspiration, and encouragement.

Now I'm stoked for this year. But since I'll be moving up to the 64 Channel level, I can see I'll really need to raise my game (so to speak).

Actually, that is a self-serving statement. I need to keep in mind why we do what we do - to celebrate the birth of Christ. I know at the garage sale we had Saturday there were several people who commented on seeing the lights and how much they enjoyed it and can't wait for this year. I only hope I can inspire them to seek Christ. If funky "dancing lights" does it, then all the better.

I know I'm promising myself right now that any website, conversation, or correspondence I have relating to the lights I will keep in mind the "reason for the season" and take the time to share the true meaning of Christmas.

It is so not about me.

Merry Christmas everyone!

rns

RichardH wrote:

Looks like I didn't make the cut :{.

I submitted my videos by just providing a link to
http://www.holdman.com/christmas/video.asp
instead of putting them on a DVD and mailing them in.

Most likely we just miss placed your link. We had so many of them this year that we lost track of things... I know that there are lots of videos that we missed and we will try to get things straightend out.

LightORama wrote:

Most likely we just miss placed your link. We had so many of them this year that we lost track of things... I know that there are lots of videos that we missed and we will try to get things straightend out.

I am sure you got a ton! I am getting my 2 neighbors involved this next year so 2007 should be pretty good!

Joseph Ayo wrote:

Wow, the Lindsays have such a dramatic show. Wow, this one should be up for grand prize winner, I tell you.

Joe, I agree! The Lindsays have a great display... A number of displays were up for grand prize!
Reminder: The Grand Prize winner was selected by a single 7 year old judge. He took his role as judge very seriously and I was very proud. He carefully selected the Grand Prize winner based on criteria that is important to a 7 year old (???). Those criteria may not be very important to adults in general...

I like having it this way for a number of reasons. One (selfish reason) is that I get a chance to spend time with my son during a time when work is taking too much of my time. I also think that it is nice for the winner to be a display that appeals to children!

A competant Judge! Made an excellent choice! Thank you Alex. I'm proud that your name is on all my LOR controllers! I can't wait to see you at next year's mini...

jeff

I have been watching the 32 Channel or less videos. I haven't got very far, however three have given me ideas for my display:

The Kramer/Vincent display with the tree of different colored stars dancing to the music was very cool.

The Brogdon show- I liked what they did with the columns. I have columns and that is doable.

The Vorwerk display- I loved the wall of white lights. The way they danced are wonderful.

I have watched past this. I can't wait to see some more.

Michael B

I was watching Al Baldoni's show. This is incredible with that few channels. That goes to show what a large outstanding show you can put on using LED's and a little LOR. :] Wow! Wow! You can find in under 32 ch. or less. Half way down.

Michael B

RichardH wrote:

Hi Richard,

Send me a PM with two you would like, tell me how many channels -- things are obviously crazy now, but I will try to append them to the appropriate page when I can.

As a side note, sending in DVDs is too much work for us, we would much rather wmvs.

John

LightORamaJohn wrote:

RichardH wrote:

Hi Richard,

Send me a PM with two you would like, tell me how many channels -- things are obviously crazy now, but I will try to append them to the appropriate page when I can.

As a side note, sending in DVDs is too much work for us, we would much rather wmvs.

I am probably crazy for asking, but surely the contest is limited to strickly LOR customers? Is there a catagory for mixed hardware use... like well I dont know if I am the only multiple soundtrack user, but to accomplish the multiple sound tracks I use of course my AL hardware, I acquired some LOR hardware cheap from someone in divorce situation, and last year broke out all my old Dasher setup and it too lives again. I think in LOR contest case, sometimes some D-Lite hardware mixes into the whole thing and of course again the old Dasher hardware. I would have used LOR to drive the Dasher stuff but I only have 2 dasher-S chips as I traded all my others for the AL chips that never worked but luckily I kept a couple anyways. Anyways what are the rules.

rstephenrrtx wrote:

I was suprised that I got one on 64+ page.. (I won't even gripe about the fact that they mispelled my name.. I'm used to that ;):laughing:

Joseph Ayo wrote:

I am probably crazy for asking, but surely the contest is limited to strickly LOR customers? ...........
The contest was open to everyone... There were no restrictions. We try to make sure that only LOR customer's vidoes are posted on the videos page.

Brad Bilger wrote:

rstephenrrtx wrote:

I was suprised that I got one on 64+ page.. (I won't even gripe about the fact that they mispelled my name.. I'm used to that ;):laughing:

Ah Dan.. Thank you sir.. just checked.. the spelling is right now.. :waycool:

I just saw the video sent in by Ryan Petrowski. I AM IN AWE. The timing is incredible. It was over nine minutes and I watched the whole thing just waiting to see what he was going to do next, Tell me Ryan do you play piano? Anyway GREAT job. I'm going back to see who else can amaze me.

Mike

mike wrote:

I just saw the video sent in by Ryan Petrowski. I AM IN AWE. The timing is incredible. It was over nine minutes and I watched the whole thing just waiting to see what he was going to do next, Tell me Ryan do you play piano? Anyway GREAT job. I'm going back to see who else can amaze me.

Mike

This is one of my favorites too. Starts slow, but definately ramps up. I like these 32 or less videos, shows that you don't necessarily have to have a lot of channels to put on a very good show. Plus I can see what kinds of things I can do, this will be my first year trying LOR.

mike wrote:

Mike

I agree he did a great job with the timing. I would suggest that the piece be edited. A shorter version would make a bigger impact. I like songs to be 2-3 minutes. That seems to be the attention span of most visitors these days. This is meant to be helpful. I thought Ryan's sequencing was great. I enjoyed hearing something I hadn't heard before. Also, Mike, thanks for letting me know about this song. I had watched before, but stopped at about the 2 minute mark. I went the full 9:25. I guessing I was talking about my attention span. :laughing:

Michael B