Light-O-Rama Forums

running LOR on 220volts

Guest guest

I would like to do a LOR display next year. Already went and bought a bunch of lights on clearance, plus a bunch of extension cords. Trying to plan out where i'm going to put the LOR unit when i buy it. I was thinking about the outlets available, and i came up with an idea--right near the front of the house, there's a 220volt outlet for an airconditioner unit that's obviously unused in december. I read in the LOR UK forum that there's a jumper to switch, can this be done, hence splitting the amps needed in half?

Colin

You need to be careful with the AC box. Even if you did connect this to LOR controller(s) it would still be 120 once it gets to LOR so you would not touch jumpers. You may want to put an outdoor subpanel on the circuit and then you could probably run 4 - 15 amp - 120v circuits.

Not sure what you have running to the AC.. If it is 2 conductor plus ground then you cannot setup a subpanel you need to have 3 conductor plus ground for a sub.

does a 16 channel LOR box have just one plug for power, then it has 16 output ac outlets? There isn't any way to have more then one plug feeding into the box, is there? This way could split the load across two different circuits...

Colin