Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 1.6.3 Playback Speed Adjustment

Guest guest

NOOOOOO ! I just upgraded my LOR 1.5 software to 1.6.3. Now when I try to slow down the playback speed so I can get the lights on the beat, I find that no matter what I do, the playback speed is normal - no 1/4, no 1/2, no 2x, no 4x. Shoot! What happened ??? I'm really upset about this. Anything I can do short of rolling back to ver 1.5 ?

D.T.

If you've mentioned it in the past, I've forgotten ... are you running Vista? If not, then there is no need to run 1.6.3. Go back to 1.6.2. (There is a thread running around here with a link to 1.6.2.)

Thanks guys... I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and use the wave form to get as close as I can. Not as precise as 1/4 speed playback, but it will have to do.

D.T.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump - Anyone know if there is relief in sight for getting the 1/2 speed and 1/4 speed working again after installing 1.6.3? After the 4th of July tear down, I am ready to start sequencing for CHristmas again, and I really miss the ability to slow down the song to get the timing right on. Or an other option would be to downgrade, but I've heard that that won't work either.

Thanks.

D.T.

Yes there is a new release we are starting to test that should help most people with this issue. If it tests out OK it will be out pretty quickly (this month).

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Yes there is a new release we are starting to test that should help most people with this issue. If it tests out OK it will be out pretty quickly (this month).

Dan

Dan - you're a lifesaver. I can put off until the end of the month and wait for the restoration of this tool. I have upgraded from 64 to 176 channels this year, and have lots of updating to last years sequences to do, plus I have to get Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer done for my son. Only 142 days until lights on, so I have to get cracking!

D.T.

edit - spelling

• 2 weeks later...

DownTown wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Dan - you're a lifesaver. I can put off until the end of the month and wait for the restoration of this tool. I have upgraded from 64 to 176 channels this year, and have lots of updating to last years sequences to do, plus I have to get Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer done for my son. Only 142 days until lights on, so I have to get cracking!

D.T.

edit - spelling

Here we are at the end of July, and time to get back to sequencing. Any news on the "fix" for this ? Dan - need any beta testers ? I need to get my paws on this soon.

Thanks.

D.T.

I see a few people have commented on 1/4 and 1/2 spped - what do you use that for?

I programmed songs last year and I don't know where the speed difference would come in?

Could someone explain the use of that adjustment please.

Thanks, Bill

Bill...

When you are sequencing the songs, 1/2 and 1/4 speed playback helps a LOT. It slows down the music so that you can listen and watch for the exact grid square where the event should happen. Makes your sequencing very precise and tight. Without it, you have to watch the grid go whizzing by, trying to see and hear the moment of the beat or transition you're working on. 1/2 speed works fine for most songs, but some faster or complicated sections require slowing to 1/4 speed. Makes sequencing MUCH easier.

Unfortunately, the newest version (1.6.3) has lost the ability to playback at the slower speeds, so my sequencing has ground to a complete halt. If you want to try the feature, make sure you install one of the older versions.

D.T.

• 4 weeks later...

Does it take 1.6.3 to run with Vista, or no? I've assumed so, and therefore, have been trying to get as close as I can without the 1/2 speed feature.

Patiently waiting as well, there is nothing on the support site yet. I went to 1.6.3 and then rolled back to 1.5 as I needed the 1/2 speed feature.

looking forward to the fix ...

PS Dan if you need a beta or RC test I am your man. Mine is a windoze XP machine., and I run my show on windoze 2000.

• 1 month later...