Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linker not recognized by PC

huntsville santa

I just received a pair of Easy Light Linkers. When trying to configure the unit connected to the computer, the hardware utility does not find it. I have plugged both units into a powered controller and both show a blinking power LED showing the are working, however when connected to the PC no power LED comes on. When trying to configure, the utility scans and gives me an error message saying no unit found make sure it is connected. I am connecting with a USB485 connector. When I connect the controller directly using the same USB connector and a piece of CAT 5 cable it all works fine, recognizes the unit and sends all commands correctly. HELP! Do I have an older USB485 connector? I purchased the original system 5 or 6 years ago and the USB connector that came with first system is what I am using?? Thoughts. Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue as huntsville santa only I am using a usb485B booster. If I plug in physically to the controler it works fine and the hardware utility finds the controller and I can play a sequence. As soon as I unplug that and plug in the easy light linker (wifi) the hardware utility can not find it and I get the same messages as huntsville santa.

the led 1 blinks about every second and led 2 does not blink unless I hit refresh. led 3 never blinks. It also did not auto configure my com port I had to set it manually.

Any ideas?