Light-O-Rama Forums

North Carolina Newbie looking for Piedmont LOR owners

djg64

Bill, I promise, my very next long (downtown CLT) overnite, I will give ya a heads up! There's that terrific bbq/biker bar south of town everyone goes to..

which one?? you will need to try All American Pub. It's on S. Tryon and Bland (next to Greek Isle) Its right on the light rail. OMG the burgers are AMAZING. They are right down the road from my office. They have great food, great drink specials, great service, really nice atmosphere! you can come see me too!!!

I am guessing by posts that you are probably a pilot! then if you fly into CLT via the north... like from the GSO area... once I flip my switch you should be able to see my house!!! you'll have to let me know. I am in the flight path it seems just off 85.

Is it...... Brenda? Yes, USAirways (original America West) pilot, 16yrs, Phoenix-based, but I do all east coast trips, Boston, JFK, Philly, DC (where I grew up), Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, 'Lauderdale.. I'm on the Airbus now.. spent 13yrs on the Boeing 757, flying and instructing on it.. it gives me gas money.. keeps me off th' streets.. :)

I'm trying to remember the name of the BBQ place.. it was.. on the west side of the interstate, sorta down a hill.. on the left (south) side of the street.. has an outside patio in front, always a lot of people, bikers there.. good place.. then theres a terrific southern restaraunt up the hill from the Jail/Courthouse.. other side of the stadium/coliseum/rail station.. also south side of the street.. terrific cornbread, chicken, bbq too.. excellent pies mmmmm..

Is it...... Brenda? Yes, USAirways (original America West) pilot, 16yrs, Phoenix-based, but I do all east coast trips, Boston, JFK, Philly, DC (where I grew up), Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, 'Lauderdale.. I'm on the Airbus now.. spent 13yrs on the Boeing 757, flying and instructing on it.. it gives me gas money.. keeps me off th' streets.. :)

I'm trying to remember the name of the BBQ place.. it was.. on the west side of the interstate, sorta down a hill.. on the left (south) side of the street.. has an outside patio in front, always a lot of people, bikers there.. good place.. then theres a terrific southern restaraunt up the hill from the Jail/Courthouse.. other side of the stadium/coliseum/rail station.. also south side of the street.. terrific cornbread, chicken, bbq too.. excellent pies mmmmm..

my friend flys... little plane though. When he grows up he wants to do charters.... (he is 43 now) NC is known for it's bbq the problem with your directions is.... the city sits on the "hill" that's why its call UPtown. so much has changed around Charlotte. I wonder if you have flown my plane... but we usually fly to vegas...lol oh and it's usually Delta...lol.

I'm is Salisbury... I am new as well and waiting for my controler to be shipped.... I am starting small, due to $$$. I have enough lights for a 16 chanell show so this year I put the money into my first box and the software. I purchased it about a month ago and have already spen about 15 hours building sequenses.. I have 3 completed my self, and one "freebe" I found and down loaded. I hope to have the part where I actually run the show figured out so I can start running my lights the weekend after turky day.(The U.S. version for you northerners ;) )

You could go down to the local Jr High or High School, find a couple strapping young bucks, offer some $$ to help.. uh.. um, never mind.. :ph34r:

ok so it looks like I might need to hire some help to put up the lights...Back surgery is in the very near furture for me.

uggghh my husband had shoulder surgery x 2... it was hard for him. Thankfully some members of the organization the donations are going to came by and helped.

Guest wbottomley

For all of you in the Piedmont, Charlotte, and Upstate South Carolina area, we will be having a lighting gathering sometime next Spring. Stay tuned for details as the organizers are getting things together.

• Like 1

I like the charlotte overnight. We stay close to downtown at the Hilton Garden next to nascar center. They got some cool RGB stips on their building. Those things are huge.

For all of you in the Piedmont, Charlotte, and Upstate South Carolina area, we will be having a lighting gathering sometime next Spring. Stay tuned for details as the organizers are getting things together.

count me in

Keep me posted you can count me in