Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Servo Control

Guest guest

Two servos is the max on the CTB08D.

The DIO32 is scheduled to ship in late September 2007. Here are some preliminary specs:

The main board has four 8-channel headers. The 8-channel banks are configured independently but all channels in a bank perform the same function. A bank can be digital inputs, digital outputs, servo outputs or triac control. Supports stand-alone. You can use the DIO32's inputs and outputs directly or use one or more of the following four daughter boards:

1) 16 channel triac card 120/240 VAC 40 amp (two 8-channel 20 amp banks)
2) 8 channel relay card (16amp 240VAC SPDT relays)
3) 8 channel high power triac card with full input and output filtering 120/240 VAC 60 amp (two 4-channel 30 amp banks)
4) 16 channel triac/SSR/DIO/servo attach card (two 8 channel banks, independently configured) Provides easy bank configuration & attachment of your devices and has two zero-cross detectors for triac or random cross SSR control.

(1) & (3) have input fuses. (1), (2) & (3) have individual fuses on each output. Three-phase friendly.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

The DIO32 is scheduled to ship in late September 2007. ...
8-channel headers...digital inputs, digital outputs, servo outputs or triac control. ...daughter boards...120/240 VAC 40 amp (two 8-channel 20 amp banks)
...SPDT relays...full input and output filtering...triac/SSR/DIO/servo attach card ...easy(????!!!)zero-cross detectors...cross SSR control.

:shock: Does it come with a copy of "The Idiot's Guide to Light-O-Rama?"

"Look Honey! If I click in this box and make it blue, the light blinks to the music!"

Jerry Plak wrote:

John, If I read this right, this is the replacement for the MC-PD Modular Controller Processor cards
:happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree:

yes

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Jerry Plak wrote:
John, If I read this right, this is the replacement for the MC-PD Modular Controller Processor cards
:happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree:

yes

I am now truly looking forward to PLUS -2007 to see and get some :-)
:waycool::waycool::waycool:

xyamom wrote:

what are the specs: on the cards logic output 5v @1a?

Each of the 32 channels can sink/source 25ma. Remember, these channels are designed to command something or turn on an opto, not power a motor, etc. 1amp/channel would require a 32 amp power supply, not practical.