Light-O-Rama Forums

Fade down button with DMX issue

bdeditch

How come when you use the fade up or fade down button on a DMX sequence, it automatically turns the color to white and then fades to off?

Do you mean fade up/down on a RGB channel?

By definition the fade up/down goes from 0->100 or 100->0. When you do the fade up/down on the main part of an RGB channel you are telling all 3 channels to fade up/down. As you know, RGB all on equals white.

If you want to fade down a color, say fuchsia pink, you'd have to have fuchsia pink and black selected in the Color Fade Tool. Then you could select the area you want to apply the effect.

• Like 1

By definition the fade up/down goes from 0->100 or 100->0. When you do the fade up/down on the main part of an RGB channel you are telling all 3 channels to fade up/down. As you know, RGB all on equals white.

If you want to fade down a color, say fuchsia pink, you'd have to have fuchsia pink and black selected in the Color Fade Tool. Then you could select the area you want to apply the effect.

OK that make a lot of sense now.

I'd just like to say Thanks to everyone who postys all of these little tips in these threads... I was wondering the same thing about fading RGBs, I figured it must be something simple like this LMAO.

I'd just like to say Thanks to everyone who postys all of these little tips in these threads... I was wondering the same thing about fading RGBs, I figured it must be something simple like this LMAO.

Its good to see people with good knowledge of this. One thing I noticed it can be a bugger to just make one square a color, you have to click and drag down only it seems. If you try across it has a mind of its own and different colors show up. The ramp button works good I found out as well.

• The topic was locked