Jump to content

Software Update


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest guest

With the annoucement of the annual LOR sale, 2007 planning is back in action for me. I have a question regarding the current software (no, this is not another "where is lor2?!" discussion)...I have the original software I downloaded a year ago. Have there been any patches or updates since then? I came across another thread that mentioned a new waveform feature (which I'd love to have).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

There is a new version 1.6.3 which is Vista compatible but if you have 1.6.1 and NOT Vista you have the most recent, If that make since. But as we know LOR II is right around the corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

I am still running Windows XP on my LOR computer (and I will continue to for this year's show). I have LOR version 1.5.0. Looks like I'm REALLY behind. Where can I download version 1.6.1 (or the most recent non-Vista version)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Awesome, thanks for the links. Is there anything different/newer in 1.6.3 other than Vista compatibility?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest
:P

Is there a version history anywhere for LOR software? I'm curious to know exactly what is new/changed in this new version compared to the version I worked with last year.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Tim,

If you have any CTB16PC units there is an update that will identify them correctly in the H/W Utility. If you don't have it, they'll appear as "Unknown" devices but still function OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

I downloaded the new version, as I just purchased a new puter running Vista.

I have my Showtime software disk in hand.

When I put it in the drive, it does not automatically start a set up program...so can someone tell me how to install the software? I've gone to the LOR site and it simply says to install the program from the CD but doesn't give explicit instructions. I can't find my instructions from where I installed it last year.

I can't run the update for the new version until I install the old version.

Help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

ssorrell,

I don't have the CD handy but I've you just open Windows Explorer (Hold the Windows key and hit "E") you can then browse to the CD.

Once there, you should see a SETUP or similarly named file. Double-click on it.

Hint: in Windows Explorer, click on the column heading "Type" to sort by file type. Then look at the files of type "Application" - they'll be at the top of the lilst. It will be one of those.


Edit: Alternately, you can hold the Windows key and press "R", then browse to the CD to look for the SETUP routine. (I just always use Windows Explorer out of personal preference.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

That's the problem Chuck...there is not setup file on the disk.

There is a LORHardware.exe file, but upon clicking it I get an immediate error message about some file missing, so apparently, that is not a setup file.

The only application file in the WinXP folder on the disk is "FTDIUNIN", which I know isn't what I need to click.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

ssorrell wrote:

That's the problem Chuck...there is not setup file on the disk.

There is a LORHardware.exe file, but upon clicking it I get an immediate error message about some file missing, so apparently, that is not a setup file.

The only application file in the WinXP folder on the disk is "FTDIUNIN", which I know isn't what I need to click.



Please send an email to support@lightorama.com It sounds like the CD you are describing is a Utility CD not the Showtime Software CD.


Edit: Fixed typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Oh man...I've searched high and low for a solid day now, and I can't find my Showtime software! Holy cow, I guess this means I'll have to purchase another copy at $100...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

ssorrell wrote:

Oh man...I've searched high and low for a solid day now, and I can't find my Showtime software! Holy cow, I guess this means I'll have to purchase another copy at $100...


Don't do that.

Send an email to support@lightorama.com and be prepared to show *some* evidence you bought the software. (If your email hasn't changed, I'll bet they can even look it up by that.)

They'll more than likely send you a link to download the current version of the software.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Don wrote:

ssorrell wrote:
Oh man...I've searched high and low for a solid day now, and I can't find my Showtime software! Holy cow, I guess this means I'll have to purchase another copy at $100...


Don't do that.

Send an email to support@lightorama.com and be prepared to show *some* evidence you bought the software. (If your email hasn't changed, I'll bet they can even look it up by that.)

They'll more than likely send you a link to download the current version of the software.

Don is correct. We never force anyone to purchase the software a second time. We have even had people buy it a second time because they needed an immediate down load. We just refund their money. (don't do it that way unless you are desperate!) Send an email to support@lightorama.com
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...