Light-O-Rama Forums

1st night, we are live after the headaches....

ToddH

Well after all the crap I had hit me over this weekend and the lack of sleep...today was finishing up assigning channels, and did our test run of about 4 songs. And here is the song that I am sure everyone loves to hear! lol I mainly did this for my daughter as she is in love with this song. was a tough one to do but think it came out ok. Her bday is on Halloween as well. Anyway here is the rough video. Wife was recording it and I redid the audio using windows movie maker so hopefully its not to off sync. Comments, good or bad are always welcomed!

• Like 1

Here is a method to help with synching audio overlay.

Just before the beginning of your audio add a HIGH pitch or very LOW pitch audio tone (use audiocity or any other audio program), . Set a key light to go on for a quarter of a second in your sequencing at that point. You will be able to see the audio tone clearly in the waveform.

When you overlay the audio back on top of your video recording, use this key to sync to and replace the recorded audio with your original audio.

Your audio will be perfectly syncked.

After the overlay you can edit the LOR to remove the tone for your display.

If you have already completed your sequencing and want to add this step lengthen the audio by a second in the beginning and add the tone, use the wave form to re-sync the new longer audio to your original sequencing file.

This really helps when recording your display because you don't have to be concerned with any interfering audio and you can use your own audio keys during the recording.

The squinty eyes are hilarious! :lol:

tj

Thanks :) I did that for my wife cause she just about fell out laughing when I showed her the rough draft...then she took it a step further and asked a few asian she works with if they would find that offensive (if they said yes i would have changed it) but they thought it was great.

nice job,It's nice to hear of somebody else born an halloween, me to. My son was born on Friday the 13th wow, and yet we still don't decorate much for Halloween

Thanks for all the kind remarks....no idea why the video can't be played anymore on mobile devices but oh well... did this one tonight, the quality is not the best...hope to get some better videos this weekend.

for now....here's Thriller.

This I had to share. So Sunday night was the busiest for my house so far, had about 30 or 40 people standing outside and about 10-15 cars lined up, about 15-20 kids in my front yard playing and dancing....that part was a bit stressful kept yelling at them to watch the wires :) anyway as it was winding down at about 845 or so, an old man comes walking up to the house and it’s me the wife and kids, a few neighbors an what have you, anyway he comes over and stand there silent next to us for a min....my wife greets him and he says, and I will quote this "oh...hi...not sure what's going on here but I have to say you confused me...for the past hour I did nothing but see all these flashing lights and hear all this commotion that I thought someone was getting killed...so I waited till it got quite but the lights kept flashing so I wanted to see what was going on...good job I guess, have a good night" and he turned and walked home... we all sat there for about a good 5 min in silence...an all started laughing... sorry, I thought it was funny and wanted to share that one! You can't make shizit like that up!

• Like 1

Ok, so last night before I got home I had a LUN on our SAN run out of space and it was a big one for production...its space ona server where client data is stored..anyway so I get home at like 630, stressed to no end.. have 30min to set up everything for the evening show..and a knock at the door...my wife answers it and I hear "blah blah blah...from FOX 13 News.." so I bolt to the door like wtf.... so there's this entire news crew outside...they ask if its ok if they shoot the house...and interview me, my wife and after finding out through conversation that my daughters bday is on halloween they wanted to interview her as well...she will be 9 btw.

So everyones outside...all the neighborhood kids, about 30 or so...parents partying in the drive way next door...about 30 or so cars out front, 30-40 people just standing across the street...and the show goes off without a hitch, the kids are laughing, dancing everyones loving everything. I am getting prased to no end...they interview me quick, just asked how long, and how many lights, types an stuff, asked the wife what she thought... now here is where it happened... they wanted to interview my daughter alone...they ask her what she thought of this esp being that her bday is on halloween... She said "This means so much to me, My daddy worked so hard for me this year and it made me so proud, I love him so much for this and guess what, everyone in my school know which house is mine, and thats pretty cool uh?" I about melted and became a complete mush!!! Now mind you, im 5'10 240lbs and I almost lost it right there...just melted my heart..and thats where it happened and reminded me...[Foul Language Used] everyone else and the bullshit that they feel they have to pull...cause in the end...WHO THE [Foul Language Used] REALLY CARES!!! its about the kids...its about the memories we create for them...so if someone uses someone else [Foul Language Used] and doesnt feel the need to give them props..why should I care...I just wont share my [Foul Language Used] if I feel strongly about it...

ANyway thought i would share that... and I am done posting on these forms. can't speak your mind without getting your hand slapped for speaking your mind on stuff so just wont speak at all. I will still be around and will talk to all through PM/conver...but no more public forms on this site for this guy..ciao

• Like 2

A couple more times listening to this song, and I should be able to speak fluent Korean....Having said that, great job on the show..

• Like 1