Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone else building a frame for a 12 ribbon CCR tree?

Frank Farmer

Won't she mind being stuck up top. :o

It's OK, I'll give her a jacket and a tablet with Netflix.  :P

I bought a 2000lb winch from Harbor Freight, it was only 59.00, has 50 feet of cable, and a wireless remote. Yes it will also hold the tree to the house,

I see one on sale right now for $59, but it's 12v :( 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today a cold front blew in, with high winds and rain, The fence in the back yard blew down, but my CCR tree, is still standing strong.

• Like 1

Here is a link to the CCR tree:

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12375095_518683744967587_4051284326978581927_o.jpg

The link below is of the winch that i used to pull my tree up to the house.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/12370880_518683754967586_4113179350785692196_o.jpg

Never mind the date on the pictures, i have not changed the dates.

Edited by Larry Leonhardt

Would a tree like this be able to stand without the backing of a house or other solid structure? I imagine something could be done to anchor it to the ground with additional tubing, but do you think this is feasible?

"The link below is of the winch that i used to pull my tree up to the house."

My 4 kids are my winches...LOL. I just stand back and point.

(My 4 kids are my winches...LOL. I just stand back and point.)

Do you leave them outside during Christmas to hold your tree up ?

• 1 month later...

how do most of you guys who have CCR trees keep it up right? and do you lean it back slightly? I'm building one and I am thinking of doing and H base stand at the bottom and put sandbags or cement block to keep it secure along with some guide wires. I just don't have a great place to secure it up against my house. I am building from the specs that frank gave out so it will be a 12 ribbon tree. thanks for any help

how do most of you guys who have CCR trees keep it up right? and do you lean it back slightly? I'm building one and I am thinking of doing and H base stand at the bottom and put sandbags or cement block to keep it secure along with some guide wires. I just don't have a great place to secure it up against my house. I am building from the specs that frank gave out so it will be a 12 ribbon tree. thanks for any help

The first two years, I had it leaning against the eves of my house.  For 2014 I had to change that because I added GECE lights on the eves, so now I moved the tree about 10 feet and have a piece of unistrut that goes from the frame of the tree to one of the eves.  The tree is almost perfectly vertical.  There is a photo about half way down this page:

http://newburghlights.org/pixel_tree.html

Mine is hanging from the 2nd story peak of the roof, and ends before it blocks access to the garage.

post-6132-0-97942100-1454027888_thumb.jp

thank you for sharing how you guys did your trees. My frame should be built by this weekend and then I need to add the star and wait for my strips to come in then test before storing till Christmas. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How close together is too close as far as spacing between strips? I am doing 16CCR and want higher resolution when using pictures and movies on tree.

Thanks!!

• The topic was locked