Light-O-Rama Forums

WWAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

I just got my 2 LOR kits from UPS today! I started putting them together, but my 2 year old son tried to help... have to wait until tomorrow. From what I read in the instructions, these kits are easy to put together. Thats good for me since I am not the handiest guy in the world.

I hope it is a slow day at the firehouse tomorrow so I can get these together!!!

Whitey

Whitey,

Given our weather forecast here, I think you'll have the slow weekend you're looking for!

Of course, rain always brings out the worst in the local drivers so maybe not. :P

Somebody a little overexcited??? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I was to when my LOR board came!

Good luck with the kits! I'm just gonna stick to the pre-assembled boards...I couldn't solder for anything!

FDWhitey wrote:

I just got my 2 LOR kits from UPS today! I started putting them together, but my 2 year old son tried to help... have to wait until tomorrow. From what I read in the instructions, these kits are easy to put together. Thats good for me since I am not the handiest guy in the world.

I hope it is a slow day at the firehouse tomorrow so I can get these together!!!

Whitey

Whitey,

I'm not too handy either. Good luck and have fun.

Michael B

What a great feeling hey. It's like Christmas in July well June anyways. I got my two 16 channel ones put together over a couple of nights. After you do one, everything falls into place after that and the next ones go much much quicker.

I want so many more but, I have to get more lights first and maybe another breaker too... ha ha. Man this is getting more and more addicting every year...

Thanks for all your help here boys and girls.

Can't wait to start sequencing now....

-Evan

I got my first controllers Wednesday, 2 ctb16pc's, adapter and cable. put one together yesterday and the other today.

Having some issues with comm ports and just getting use to the software. you ought to see the wifes breakfast bar, MY Laptop with speakers, 1 lor 16 channel contoller, 16 bundles of lights 16 extention cords.

wrote a 2 minute sequence in about 4 hours to drummer boy.

a bit over welming for now but I think I can do my first animated show this year .

going to plus to get more info

Larrytcupp

Thanks, went and got a 16 channel sequence to try. have not tried hooking the 2 LOR boxes yet for 32 channels

how do you or what folder do you put the downloaded seqence into the lor sequence program?:P

Larrytcupp

LArry when you download the sequence you should get a pop up to open or save it. If you just want to save it click save, then on the pop up window brwose your C drive. On your C drive you should see program files. Select that then look for the LOR folder. Click the LOR folder then look for the sequences folder. Once you open the sequence folder save the sequence.

I hope that is not too confusing. to recap:

1. C drive

2. Program Files

3. LOR folder

4. Sequences

When I first saved one I put it somewhere and couldn't find it. I hope this helps.

thanks Joey, I should have known that , not confusing at all. I got the sequence in tne sequence folder and was able to open itin sequence editor. however it kept giving me a error message when I hit play.

Larrytcupp

I got the same kind of error (I think)... you have to have the audio file (.mp3) in the audio folder with the EXACT name. The error message is either because the sequence can't see the audio file OR the name isn't quite right.

Then again, I should NOT make an assumption on WHAT your error message is... you might share what you're seeing and we can help from there.

:P

I just recieved 3 "PC" kits. When assembled they will take my total channel count to 256. (48 of them are DIO channels with SSRs that don't dim) I have a second big case to put them in. They will eventually control the 4 colors of my megatree. The 3 boards they will replace wil be used for a yard grid and a small version of the leaping arch.

jeff

I have not investigated too deep yet but I thought the file size I downloaded was really small (227k) to contain all the componets (audio) will look into it. thanks. this all BRAND NEW to me so I have a lot to learn

Larrytcupp:?

If you download the audio file or have it already, you need to open the sequence and select EDIT then go to AUDIO FILE and select the audio file that goes with the sequence.

Whitey

ChuckHutchings wrote:

Jeff,

Looks like you've got your fuses in backwards.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

HA! Good one. :D

I checked my fuses...every one of them is shorted!

It's also a good idea to test each one before using, to be sure it will blow.:laughing: