Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Question (I think)

Guest guest

Just placed the order for my first 4 controllers (this addiction ROCKS!)... have my design/layout planned (thanks to ALL for the wonderful threads to absorb/learn from!!)

Question: how are y'all "planting" your controllers... ie. are you affixing them to a post/stake in some way to set them in place?

I realize from everyone's threads it's easier and more efficient (cordage-wise) to place the controllers in a central point in each "zone" and in some cases, affixing to say the mega-tree base is a no-brainer... but in other, "looser" zones it's not as easy.

I'm a total NooB so please pardon the knuckleheadedness... I'm totally brain-locked for some reason this morning (not enough caffeine I guess!)

THANKS!!

Check out my posts in this thread. http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/13992.html
This is how I do my boxes/enclosures it works really well for me it's relatively modular(I can locate them anywhere). This is also very chep for me because I get a few of these boxes free from work. They actually throw some of them out every once in awhile so I snag them before they hit the dumpster.
By the way "looser" zones just require more / longer extension cords.

I bolt mine to my house with tapcons. Maybe I am just paranoid but I want the boxes close to the house to help limit the possibility of someone stealing them!

Whitey

I do a little of everything.

I have 3 "permanently" mounted to the side of my house. They are concealed behind bushes or otherwise not visible to any passersby. (And I think I stripped the heads sufficiently installing them that nobody will be able to unscrew them!)

I have one mounted to the wall in the garage.

Last year, I one "loose" in the median of my circular drive but it was chained/locked around a tree.

This year, I'm going to mount some to the (new) megatree and chain/lock them down and place some in 3/4" plywood boxes that are painted to look like Christmas presents. These will sit around wherever they are needed and will be locked and secured by some mechanism I haven't determined yet. (I made the boxes 10 years ago and they are holding up quite well. I've finally found a use for them!)

I built a could gaurd shacks for my display and I have one controller in each. The others are set on metal fence posts that I can drive into the ground. The plan is to put together a gingerbread house and hide a couple more.

i built a stand for my LOR bolted it on there works for me its about 5ft or so to make the stand off the ground as much as possible, for water and i hope i can get something inclosed but still working it out.

JeffG:tree:

You may find that a lot of people wont reply to this one. The biggest reason is security. If they post exactly how they are securing them. Then that opens the door for a theif.

Thats true JR V but i gave an idea what i have but its ugly y would anybody steal the stand :laughing: i do keep it indoors knowmatter what the family says i hate to see the lor outside because of north idaho weather we are famous of haveing sno in the sumer and winter and lots of rain.

Thanks to all - I guess I live in Pollyanna land and this being my first year I haven't really thought about theft.

Guess I'll have to go get that new high-intensity laser detection/destruction home protection system I've had my eye on for awhile now ;) ... 'course on the positive side, it's a GREEN laser so it should go with the season!

LOLOL