Light-O-Rama Forums

1.6.1 still available?

Guest guest

My show PC ran 1.5 for the Christmas season last year bought during the May -06 sale. I added a 16PC unit this year and read I need the 1.6.3 HW utility to cure the unrecognized device problem.

I also read for Xp to run 1.6.1 rather than 1.6.3. I will never run Vista on this 233MMX motherboard. So is there a place where 1.6.1 upgrade can still be downloaded?

I know this will be asked: "Why are you using such an ancient motherboard to run your show?

Answer: I need ISA capability for a 48 channel DIO board, of which 8 of those channels are 12VDC to go with the 48LOR's. It works as long as I use WAV files and not MP3's.

I've cloned the drive, so if the uprade fails or gets some wierd error, I'll still have my original 1.5.

Is it a problem to run HW utility 1.6.3 with LOR 1.5 or 1.6.1?

Roadrat wrote:

[snip]

There is no issue.... Also if you ha e to re-install it is probably just as easy to go with 1.6.3

LightORama wrote:

Roadrat wrote:
[snip]

There is no issue.... Also if you ha e to re-install it is probably just as easy to go with 1.6.3

So 1.6.1 and 1.6.3 are essentially the same as far as XP is concerned and the only difference is that 1.6 3 is Vista-compatible?

Roadrat wrote:

I also read for Xp to run 1.6.1 rather than 1.6.3. I will never run Vista on this 233MMX motherboard. So is there a place where 1.6.1 upgrade can still be downloaded?

I know this will be asked: "Why are you using such an ancient motherboard to run your show?

Answer: I need ISA capability for a 48 channel DIO board, of which 8 of those channels are 12VDC to go with the 48LOR's. It works as long as I use WAV files and not MP3's.

I'd have to boot up the 'show' machine ... but I think I'm right there with you. 233MMX ... running Windows2000. Works great. Used it with 112 channels last year.

I did as Dan wrote: since I was installing anyway, go to 1.6.3. Xp and 1.6.3 get along fine. Everything upgraded correctly except one minor detail. The default directory is now 'light-o-rama' where the old default directory was 'lightorama'. There are now two LOR directories in the start-up menu.

So if I ever upgrade this motherboard and have to reinstall from scratch, I will have to install 1.5 and then 1.6. (whatever is new)?

HW utility sees all LOR units correctly. Animations and musicals seem to convert OK. Like the waveform on top.

----------

Don - I found Xp boots faster than 2000. 233MMX- 256M ram and a 4 gig drive, 4 COM ports, sound, Ethernet board, and the ISA DIO board. LOR showtime is the only purpose of this setup, so nothing else is installed but it and mastercal.