Light-O-Rama Forums

June 12th - let the countdown begin

Guest guest

Hi!

I'm new to all of this, but am planning a light/fireworks show for the 4th. My plan is to buy a LOR system for the light portion of the show.

I was planning a CTB16PC + Software starter Kit as part of the Planet Christmas DIY sale. It seems to be a good price.

Now with the annual sale announced, I'm wondering if I should wait till June 12th and purchase the 16 channel showtime package.

Of course waiting till the 12th puts me a little short for getting everything together for the July 4th show..........decisions, decisions!

If you want to save about $30-$40 a board you will wait.

Anyone can correct me if Im wrong on this, the LOR software does not go on sale-So you can buy it anytime. Once paid, you will get a link for a direct download. You do not need the boards to start working on your sequences.

Scott Loftus wrote:

You do not need the boards to start working on your sequences.

If you are looking at doing a 4th of July show I would defiantly start planning last week and sequencing ASAP. I also remember seeing some where (PC) the software wasn’t on sale. But go a head and get the demo and start to play with it, the sequences work the same in demo or live, just demo can’t controller a board.

bob0001 wrote:

Hi!

I'm new to all of this, but am planning a light/fireworks show for the 4th. My plan is to buy a LOR system for the light portion of the show.

I was planning a CTB16PC + Software starter Kit as part of the Planet Christmas DIY sale. It seems to be a good price.

Now with the annual sale announced, I'm wondering if I should wait till June 12th and purchase the 16 channel showtime package.

Of course waiting till the 12th puts me a little short for getting everything together for the July 4th show..........decisions, decisions!

Bob,

Take a look at this link http://store.lightorama.com/ctb16pcpage.html

I think the link is self explanatory. The version of the board you want to purchase will not be at a better price during the sale according to the above link.

Thanks all for the great advice!

Actually I've been playing with demo version of the software and have a tentative animation already done. It's fun!

I think I will go ahead and order the CTB16PC since it will be the same price as cmoore pointed out.

Thanks again!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Well I now see what happens..........

I ordered and recieved the CTP16PC package, Put it together and tried it out....and it works great!! Very impressed! Figured 16 channels would be plenty for what I wanted to do.

Then, I started playing with the animations......ya know just a few more channels and I could really make it look better.....

And so it starts.........