Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR ... and fuses

Guest guest

We had some light rain today ... the first moisture in weeks and part of my display isn't running. I'm thinking perhaps the rain may have created a short in an extension cord which wasn't adequately covered (yet). I won't be able to investigate until tomorrow, but thinking through the various possibilities ...

Questions:

1. Would the fuse in the an LOR controller likely be activated (how else would you say "used up") before the regular 120v breaker in the service panel?

2. If it was the LOR fuse, would the red LED still light (I think it would as long as power is going to the LOR box)?

3. Do all the LOR controllers use the same fuses? I have a spare controller and could use that fuse for testing / replacement?

4. For replacements ... do I recall reading somewhere that they are 15A ceramic "fast burn" fuses? I think I found them at Lowe's last time I was looking.

Thanks for your help ... Rick

The LOR could blow before the circuit breaker.

If the fuse blows the LED could go off. On 16 channel controllers the Right Feed powers the low voltage and LED. On 8 channel cards the single fuse powers the low voltage LED.

We supply all units with 15 amp fast acting ceramic fuses.

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

They are at radioshack a package of 4 for 2.50 TRUST ME. lol:smilingelf: Already been there TWICE. What can I say when I only have 16 channels I have to fit as MUCH on it as I can. lol

LOL...Home Depot has them as well...but costs more. Funny on the other thread Steven.."pop goes the LOR". LOL

Thankfully Dan fused the Lor's..or we all would have cooked boards. Hey Dan..saving my $$ for a 16 channel..or maybe I should try this.."Dear Santa, I've been a good boy..can I have....." LOL

Rod

Rick,

if a fuse is glass, a visual inspection can be done, but for ceramic fuses the only way to know for sure is by measuring with an ohm meter (out of circuit) or with a continuity checker.

Doug C.