Light-O-Rama Forums

Storage of LOR Controllers

Guest guest

I am the new owner of a LOR controller and was wondering how you should store your equipment during the off-season. I normally place my Christmas gear in the attic, but I was not sure what effect, if any, the attic heat would have on the circuits.

The Mrs. is not too keen about storing them in the climate controlled house. And when I ask her where I should put it, she glares at me and shakes her head mumbling something about a place where the sun doesn't shine...

I would appreciate suggestions.

Dale,

Do not store them in the heat of an attic. I put mine in the basement on a shelving unit that my wife was so kind to give me. The year before last I stored them in the garage which is the only option I had at the time. Things get better with time. This year I struck a deal with my wife that she could do the designing and I would do the programing and she went out today and bought an ungodly amount of stuff at Home Depot, at 75% off!! Try to involve everyone if possible to make life easier.

Good Luck!

James

I keep mine in the garage. Last year I filled three very large boxes with controllers and put them on a shelve. Because of the design of our garage and house the garage never gets too hot (or cold.)

Hi!

The "kind" wife here who "gave" Jim a shelf in the basement. Did he mention he already occupies half of the garage (which I clean), 3/4 of the basement (which I clean) and shelving unit (s).

LOL,

Karen

p.s. James is standing behind me telling me I'm not amongst friends and laughing at me! But seriously, I think you guys all do a really cool thing and the months of work (and spousal abuse) are almost worth it!

And oh yeah - did he mention he received over 20,000 lights, 4 trees, train, set of animated presents, 2 rope presents, seasons greeting sign, 13 blow mold penguins, 3 blowups, santa in airplane, 2 reindeer butt wigglers, 8 lighted reindeer, sleigh, 3 candy cane rope lights and 39 mini lighted pathway trees TODAY - yes, all 75% off! (See wives can be nice, too! It's just the storage thing....):laughing:

I keep 4 enclosures in a 30-gallon Rubbermaid container and stack the containers up on top of each other in a corner of the spare bedroom. I would never keep them in the garage / attic during our Texas summers.

To my Texas mini-plus friends - the window they are next to is LOCKED after our discussion from a few months ago... :D

Jeff

James Peachee wrote:

Hi!

The "kind" wife here who "gave" Jim a shelf in the basement.

And oh yeah - did he mention he received over 20,000 lights, 4 trees, train, set of animated presents, 2 rope presents, seasons greeting sign, 13 blow mold penguins, 3 blowups, santa in airplane, 2 reindeer butt wigglers, 8 lighted reindeer, sleigh, 3 candy cane rope lights and 39 mini lighted pathway trees TODAY - yes, all 75% off! (See wives can be nice, too! It's just the storage thing....):laughing:

Hey, Karen. Would you mind giving my wife a call and coaching her on what the nice wives do?:shock: Just give her the list of thing you bought and ask her to duplicate it for me.

Jeff_Womack wrote:

I will offer a free storage service to any of my PlanetChristmas friends for their LOR board. Just box them up and ship them to me and I will take care of them all off-season! :}

Hum!!

I am planting to use myLOR & d-lights board in my backyard as a testing aera..

Jerry:snowman:

Hey Jeff,

Sounds great! i'll sennd the lake effect snow,the mail man that walks through my display, the inconsiderate neighbor that blows snow on my display all my head aches i had this year! (not that you didnt have any yourself!):laughing: And if you dont mind just return the LOR by sept, please and keep the rest!!

joe denny wrote:

Hey Jeff,

Sounds great! i'll sennd the lake effect snow,the mail man that walks through my display, the inconsiderate neighbor that blows snow on my display all my head aches i had this year! (not that you didnt have any yourself!):laughing: And if you dont mind just return the LOR by sept, please and keep the rest!!

Joe,

Send all the snow here! Texas is so dry that the Governor is declaring a state of emergency. Yesterday there were over 75 different wild fires burning across Texas. Unless a miracle happens in the next three days we will finish the year (in San Antonio) at exactly one-half of our normal precip! And don't worry, I'll be sure to return them by September............2012 that is!