Light-O-Rama Forums

Quick disconnect crimp lugs

Guest guest

In anticipation of receiving the CTB16PC kit controller I was wondering where there is a good source for female Quick disconnect crimp lugs to be used on the cord sets I’m going to make for this controller. Will this work? crimp disconnect I will be using SPT2 type wire 16 gage.

Ray, I think they will. Just make sure you get both male and female ends to have coupled connection. One thing to keep in mind is after several uses, they may loosen up (the female ends) but pliers squeezing them back down would probably do the trick.

Good idea :].

Tom

What Controller 16PC Kit did you buy?
I bought the one with the board already soldered, plastic enclosure box and all the leads.
If this is the kit you are getting, then the cords already have the female spade terminals on them.
Al Terry

This is the Kit I ordered > CTB16PC I will be making my own cords for this, I already have the wire and receptacle's, and the enclosures, I just need the Female Quick disconnect terminals. something like this >

prx528077b.jpg

Here are the ones I made Last year, Just a little different.

> My photo page

I enjoy seeing people build their own controllers! (reminds me of me:))

The connectors you showed did not give the width (that I saw) They look like they are 1/4 inch (which is the size used) But they could be 3/16... If you give them a call they should be able to tell you.

• 3 months later...

wirekat wrote:

The ones from allelectronics are the ones I used. They work great (they are 1/4").

Purchased mine from Home Depot. 100 in box for $6.00. These worked better than any other that I tried.