Shows cannot be enabled because of an error.Open of serial port has failed

Error: (8002) Open of serial port has failed

Error: (8002)Com Port Error

While: Open COM4 params baud=115200 parity=n data=8 stop=1 xon=off

odsr=off dtr=off rts=off idsr=off

While: Open COM4 params baud=115200 parity=n data=8 stop=1 xon=off

odsr=off dtr=off rts=off idsr=off

Trace: Init Light-O-Rama port/LORChannelIO

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong or what to do?

I'm trying to test my DMX stuff. I can get the test sequences on Rectangle RGB Modules and Rainbow Pixels, but i cannot get any sequences to run.

DMX Listener running and connected, LOR dongle in Raw DMX connected but no DMX signal going to pixels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

Haven't had a chance yet. I'm gonna try it tomorrow. Had to get the little one ready for bed. Already had everything put up. After I test tomorrow, I'll let you know if it worked.

Thanks again.

Ron

No Joy.

It doesn't matter which COM Port I use, I get the same error.

Here's the way it's setup in Network Prefs:

COM4 Regular

COM5 Aux A

COM6 Raw DMX

Edited by Ron Boyd

One other thing, on the Rainbow Pixel controller, I get a power light. I do not get the DMX signal led,whether sequence is running or not. Somewhere, I don't think the DMX signal is getting through.

The DMX is all new to me and I've read a ton of stuff on it, emailed back and forth with Greg at Seasonal Entertainment, got all the crossover wires, one from him and made up a couple like Davids instructions on Holiday Coro, and still not getting the signal. I'm stumped.

Already had that also. Got one pre-madefrom Greg at Seasonal Entertainment and made 2 from David's instructions on Holidaycoro.

I finally got everything working. I uninstalled all USB adapters along with the drivers. Reinstalled the drivers, and then added the USB adapters 1 at a time.

As I said, I got everything working with a few flaws. The last bulb on the Rainbow Pixels stays on as Blue, and changes once in a while to the color it's supposed to. Also, with a white chase, the bulbs go through RGB and then to white. Any ideas on why that may be happening? Maybe a bad pixel? I don't know.

Sure hope to get these things taken care of soon, or I'll have to just live with the 112 reg channels and CCPs this year. I'm not going to put it in if they're not doing what it's supposed to do.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

• 1 year later...

I found out what was causeing this issue.. I have dmx also and for some reason it was not acting fast so i was trying every method and its the com port just go open the Light O Rama hardware and you will find the error there on the left of it change the light o rama to a different com port and it will fix it thats what i did just now and i got everything back and running... Good luck