Light-O-Rama Forums

Cristmas tree

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just had a cool idea. I should add my indoor christmas tree to my LOR circuits sometime. It sits right in the front window of my house. I bet it would be a good addition,although I don.t know how to get the cords into the house. I guess I'd have to buy another controller:laughing:

Guest guest

I was thinking this also, “Maybe I need one more controller …” the Indoor tree would be cool a cool addition. Mine can’t be seen from the street but still be cool.

Guest guest

i actually thought about this, but then i thought how anoying the flashing of the tree in the house would be to me. i could see me having an epileptic fit from the blinking and no music. just a thought

Guest guest

fdny260 wrote:

i actually thought about this, but then i thought how anoying the flashing of the tree in the house would be to me. i could see me having an epileptic fit from the blinking and no music. just a thought

Who says it has to be blinking? I've considered doing this as well. The wife was not happy when she heard about it. When I told her that it would be very slow fades, she became more open to the idea.

Guest guest

If everything is in motions and screaming watch me, then there might be too much motion. We keep our tree with no blinking or animation. The tree looks stately and very pleasant and attractive to look at.

Guest guest

Don wrote:

fdny260 wrote:

Who says it has to be blinking? I've considered doing this as well. The wife was not happy when she heard about it. When I told her that it would be very slow fades, she became more open to the idea.

I have my inside tree on an X-10 unit. It is controlled by LOR (i.e. sequenced) via the Firecracker unit. No flashing/blinking inside the house but I don't have to mess around with turning it on/off.

Works great.

It's only ON at the beginning of the evening and OFF at the end of the show. No flashing/blinking - but I COULD! ;)

Guest guest

I also am thinking of doing my tree in the house. I was thinking that i would have a couple of sequences set up for it, one with music for when guests are over (and i want to show off) and one with slow fades (looped of course).