Light-O-Rama Forums

2007 Configuration

Guest guest

Anybody else having trouble getting their 2007 configuration nailed down.

For 2006 I started with 48 channels, By this time last year I had already determined pretty much what was going to be where and was able to start my sequencing, In October I decided I needed another 8 channels so that I could have some spot lights but that was easy to insert.

This year I decided to add 2 more controllers with another 32 channels (that I have just finished putting together) for a total 88 channels, which will enable me to put a controller on the other side of the house and 1 controller on the Mega-tree which will allow me eliminate a bunch of extension cords.

The problem is I now have 10 channels that I have no idea what to do with :?, I have been going over this in my mind and on the spreadsheet for weeks and really am at a loss. I need to get the configuration done so that I can start getting my sequencing done.

I hate to waste 10 channels as spares, but maybe an idea will come to me later.

Add a picture of your house with your current ideas I'm sure the PC world can use up at least 10 more channels. I like to see what people have first before suggesting something else.

Edit: I looked at you 2006 Pic.. my first thought is a fence of arches along the front.
10 channels would look great. Use plastic tubing and wrap lights in 10 short sections. put each section on a seperate channel. Make all the arches the same however many there may be. Then for example make all the channel 1's an the left then 2's, 3's -10's. They'll all leap simultaneously and look really great and bring something of interest toward the viewers.

Attached files 131302=7782-leaping fence.jpg

Keep a couple channels, one at each end of the house, as spares. If something unexpected happens, it is a simple matter to change over to the spares. I did a couple stupid things last year and was happy I had the spare channels.

Guest guest

How bout maybe renting or leasing with the option to buy those extra channels!!!???!!! :waycool::waycool::waycool:

Just a thought...................

Guest guest

ggregzim wrote:

Can you animate somehting such as the white pinwheel to the far left in the below photo?

You can animate anuthing provided the lights are (or can be) seperated into different channels. For the pinwheeel each "leg" would need to be a sepearte light string
Each string would then plug into a channel

Guest guest

Thanks guys for the ideas,

But the resaon for the post was I was wondering how many of us don't have our configurations done yet.

As for mine I have moved some things around on my controllers and was able to get 8 channels open on the same controller, so I am going to just add some more candy canes.

I have all the channels all on a spreadsheet and Just starting to redo the last years LOR configuration with the added channels. Hopefully I will be able to start sequencing soon.

By the way the before mentioned Pinwheel is actualy what I call a Spinning candie canes and they have been animated for several years :).

Guest guest

I haven't started my configuration for this year yet. I bought a lot of lights and decorations after Christmas last year and have a lot of different ideas on how to use them, but I am waiting for the annual LOR sale to see how many new controllers I can buy. After the sale is published, I will have to make some hard decisions on what to do. Of course, the possibilities are probably more than what I can afford in additional controllers for the year. After Dan publishes the sale prices, I will be able to decide what to do and start my sequencing.