Light-O-Rama Forums

I hope LOR II comes out soon they said the 1st six months of 07

Guest guest

Dan:

Thanks for the info. So DMX will be a stand alone card to interface to the DMX universe. Will the DMX interface allow for input from a mechanical DMX controller also?

Also, if you are bumping into pallets of 1602's I'd be happy to store them in my house. HEHE

Guest guest

Whenver Microsoft sticks to a release date, the product comes out with tons of bugs. Take your time, we can all wait for a great product.

Thanks Dan for a great product line and your dedication to your customers.

Guest guest

LightORama wrote:

It is nice to have a place to take a deep breath without bumping into a pallet of LOR1602Ws.

Dan I'd be willing to help you out with that issue. I'll come pick up the pallet and store it on my display, er um.... at my house until you need to ship them.

Guest guest

Dan thanks for the info, I am glad that you are not rushing either the vista update or LORII. Some other vendors, microsoft included could learn alot from this. I will be waiting for the announcement of the sale this year as I am planing to add more channels to improve the overall flexibility of my display. I am very interested in a dc version of the controllers to use in mobile displays like christmas parades, although I know that ac converters or generators could be used as well.

Guest guest

Just wanted to speak up and say here's another content LOR user. I too would rather wait for a stable mature product that I don't have to worry, "Huh - do I have updates A, B, C, D,..... to make this thing work? Dah! I forgot to get update B.5, so now C & D don't work right and lock up after running my show 2 times on tuesdays".

I mean...I don't expect it to be 100% perfect - that's pretty tough to do. I expect there may be an update or two down the road because of some obscure thing people find that's hard to catch while testing the software. Hey, it happens. QA is great but can't test every possible condition...

Besides, unless something has changed I'm not aware of, it's a FREE upgrade - for people with LOR I - to boot! Try asking Microsoft for a free upgrade to Vista...:laughing:

Guest guest

DAN (LOR):

DanV brings up a good point. How are you planning on upgrading all the hardware units. Will we need to send them back to you? If so, does that mean we need to dis-assemble all our boxes and just send you the boards?

I was just wondering the logistics of the whole thing.

Thanks

Michael

Guest guest

MichaelC wrote:

DAN (LOR):

DanV brings up a good point. How are you planning on upgrading all the hardware units. Will we need to send them back to you? If so, does that mean we need to dis-assemble all our boxes and just send you the boards?

I was just wondering the logistics of the whole thing.

Thanks

Michael

95% of the users here will upgrade via a firmware update. There will be no need to send the controller in.

Looooong time users of LOR (3+ years) may have some hardware that will require it to be sent in. Odds are if you own this equipment, you already know this.