Light-O-Rama Forums

Start Sequences

Guest guest

I created a 20-second sequence named "Start.las" that was setup to turn on a couple of X-10 switches which are connected to an audio amplifier and a FM transmitter. It also turns off a couple of X-10 switches that are connected to my garden and porch lights, and turns on a couple of LOR channels.

I put the sequence in the "Start" tab in the show, which is called "Christmas.lss", which contains the following:

((0,1,2,0,,(C:Documents and SettingslightsMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesStart.las)),(0,1,2,0,,),(1,0,1,0,,),(0,1,2,0,,(C:Documents and SettingslightsMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencestest.lms)),,(2,0,1,0,,))

I scheduled this show to start, and when the clock turned over to that time. it started playing my music sequence without the 20-second delay I expected, and no X-10 switches were turned on.

What did I do wrong?

Steven wrote:

it started playing my music sequence without the 20-second delay I expected, and no X-10 switches were turned on.

Steven,

On the 20 second delay you mentioned, is your music delayed 20 seconds on the sound track? Or did you plan to start 20 seconds later? What are you trying to do in the first 20 seconds (of the delay you were looking for) and then run the 20 second sequence?

Are your channels labeled right on the sequence for the correct controller number and chennels? Is the "Control Lights" option checked under the play tab?

Tom

I am expecting the sequence named "Start.las", which is 20 seconds long, to play first, before my musical sequences (of which I currently only have one named test.lms). Perhaps I don't understand the way the "Start" and "Musical" sequences work together in a show.

Yes, "Start.las" plays correctly when I play it using the sequence editor. I am trying to get it to play when my show is run as a schedule.

Steven wrote:

Yes, "Start.las" plays correctly when I play it using the sequence editor. I am trying to get it to play when my show is run as a schedule.

Steven,

I see. I haven't used .las and .lms together in a show so I'm not much help. Hold on though as I know others, like Don will be able to assist as they know more about the .las and scheduling them in the show. It's just a matter of them reading this post. A bunch of great folks here and someone always has the answer, always.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help but let us all know what the end result is.

Tom

Steven wrote:

Perhaps I don't understand the way the "Start" and "Musical" sequences work together in a show.

Perhaps, it might be the "animation" (.las) and musical (.lms) that meets together in a schedule? I'm just pulling hairs here.

Tom

I had similar issues this past year. According to the computer the sequences were running, but for some reason , there was a delay in triggering the FM transmitter. My light show would start and about 20 seconds later, you would hear the music.

My workaround was to have 20 seconds of 'throw-away music" in my startup with a blank sequence. I then followed with my countdown and show.

Steven, record (or download) 20 seconds of silence. Many songs have extra silence at the end you can patch together.

Now create a new musical sequence from the using the silence.

Copy your animation channels,and action to the musical sequence.

Load the music seq as your start up.

I think you will find this will work.

Maybe this flew right over my head and not thinking it was a delayed FM transmitter when powered up. But if this is the case, I would think leaving the transmitter powered up all the time would be the easiest. At least that's what I did.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

You can use sound recorder on your computer and narrate something or do a count down. Then use that in your startup. maybe start at 20 seconds and go to one second. If the transmiter dosent come on till the 15 sec. count no big deal.

Don't bother to try and find a silent recording on the Internet looked last year for almost a day with nothing then used the sound recorder with out a mice hooked up to worked fine. AI

Thanks, I did something similar this year. I had a 20 second countdwon, but starting with 10 I had 10 of my mini-trees on and counted them down to 1. At 0, the regular show started.

Mary wrote:

What version of LOR are you using. The 1.6.1 version had a fix for startup sequence problems.

I appear to be using version 1.5.0. It seems I need to install the new version.

Ok, I just upgraded to 1.6.1 and it now behaves as expected. I am a little worried about the X-10 reliability, as things won't be right if the transmitter fails to turn on. I'll have to do a little more testing to make sure.