Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation screen help needed

Guest guest

Hey every one. now I've had lor going on 4 seasons now and think I'm an average user, But I am having a heck of a time trying to do my layout for my new mega tree on lor. Could anyone lend me a hand with this maybe a lor/ mega tree 101, For dummies! or maybe even photos of what everyone else looks like on there animation screen. I'm planning a 32 channel mega tree, 10 feet tall. just thought you would like to know.
Thanks!

id help you out but i dont use the animation thing, but this is my sketch for my 2008 mega tree...if it doesnt make any sense ill explain it tomorrow since im a bit fried from this past week

tree.jpg

There are probably better ways to do it, but here's how I did it the year before last when I had a mega tree (this is for a tree with multiple colors):

I do it in a birdseye view from above, so the tree appears as a circle on the screen.

Each color was run by 8 channels (will be 16 this year). So I took one channel, and put a dot in a square, then went several (probably 20 or so) squares away, straight across, and put another one.

Continue that until you have a complete circle of that color for the tree.

For the next color, go inside the previous color, and do the same thing.

And keep going until you run out of colors that you are using (if I can figure out how to get a picture of it in here, I'll attach it in a day or so so that you can see).

But be sure to leave room in the middle for representation of a star, if you plan on using one.

What I do is a color straight up and down for the tree. It is a mile wide when you have several colors, but it is the only practical way of visuallising the animation when you are doing more than about 16 colors.