Light-O-Rama Forums

I am Santa Claus Visualizer Video

Ron Boyd

• 2 weeks later...

How did you create you mini trees like that? I've been using the mega tree prop and making them really small. they just don't look right that way.

That's just the one I was working on at the time. I don't want to spoil the show with my best songs. No apologies needed folks.

The mini trees were created using the "Draw Single Bulbs" button in the visualizer. I created a white one and a blue one, layed them on top of each other and then created a prop from the 2 fixtures. Probably not the easiest way to do it, but it gave me the look and shape I was looking for. the real element is shaped like that and I couldn't get it right using the normal methods, Tree Wizard, or Draw Light Strings. I like the way they came out.

Next video upload will be of the real display.

Griswald, thank you very much. This is my second year and ive been working on the display and sequencing since mid December last year. Sequencing really ramped up over the last couple of months. I am about 90% ready for lights on. Got a couple more minis to finish. Got my payment request for my other two CCPs today so they're on the way. It's getting close folks.

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Hi Ron,

Excellent sequences! You can tell you spent a lot of time on them.

One bit of feedback... it might be because my brain is slow... so take it with a grain of salt.

I have noticed this in my own sequencing as well... when you are trying to synch with a strong beat, like the tick, tick, tick at the beginning of "I am Santa Claus" or the da da da da da DA in Wizards, it appears when watching the sequence to be a tad late, even though things are perfectly on the beat in the sequence editor.

I think my brain registers sound slightly faster than it does vision, so the lights appear to 'lag' a little even when they do not. So I have my lights lead strong beats like that by just a little bit, and my brain then 'sees' perfect synchronization.

I find this to be true in the animation window, visualizer, and in 'real life'.

Does anyone else notice that, or is my brain just slow? :huh:

Thanks. The lag, I think, is all the programs running at once and bogging the PC down a bit. I agree that it does lag on the uploads, but it does not in the Visualizer. I will, however, check just that after setup and during testing. If the lag is still there with the real thing, I will definitely take your advice. Thank you for your constructive critique. That's exactly what I'm looking for, a different set of eyes to see where it can be improved. I'm nowhere near the talent of some of the folks here, but that's why I posted them, so I can learn. Thanks again,

Ron

Really liked WIW not so much I am S.C.........Maybe cuz I'm gettin' old (LOL) BTW what did you use to do the screen capture for the video?

Flashback Express. When the SE and Visualizer and this is running it skips in places and lags as you can tell in the videos. May be my PC settings or something but it does what I need and its free

• The topic was locked