Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel hang up

Greg

Wanted to see if anyone had experiened this problem and if there is a solution.

I am using Sandevices E681 board Sandevices ELOR, LOR 3.60, and 2801 smart strip. Everything network wise I believe is set up properly because everything is responding correctly 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I am getting random pixels hanging up.

I am getting less pixel hang up with the ELOR in place than I was using E1.31 communication. However It is still happening. Been trying to figure this one out for the last two weeks but am stumped. I did convert these sequences over from last year prior to pixel introduction, thought that may have been the problem however the same issue is occuring when I create a new sequence.

Any Suggestions?

greg

I also have one pixel that keeps getting hung on red...it's the 1st pixel... and sometimes the 2nd pixel too

Hopefully, I can start looking into this later this week.

I'm not sure if it's a distance thing.. and i need to put a null pixel in place.

It seems too unlikely that the same pixels would be left on or turn on red at the same point in the sequence.

Edited by Crazydave

Wanted to see if anyone had experiened this problem and if there is a solution.

I am using Sandevices E681 board Sandevices ELOR, LOR 3.60, and 2801 smart strip. Everything network wise I believe is set up properly because everything is responding correctly 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I am getting random pixels hanging up.

I am getting less pixel hang up with the ELOR in place than I was using E1.31 communication. However It is still happening. Been trying to figure this one out for the last two weeks but am stumped. I did convert these sequences over from last year prior to pixel introduction, thought that may have been the problem however the same issue is occuring when I create a new sequence.

Any Suggestions?

greg

Is this only on sequence playback or played as a "show"?

I have noticed some lagging/hang-ups with both, the ELOR and E1.31, but only when sequencing playback. Once I build a show and watch it as it will be live, I see no issues. I've also noticed a difference when playback from a newly built sequence vs. one that i just saved or reloaded. Either way once they are loaded into a show all the bugs disappear.

It is during the sequencing phase. I will check tonight to see if the problem occurs during the show. I didn't even think of checking that... Also this is a sequence I have run in the past however I have re-done the RGB version of the sequences.

It is during the sequencing phase. I will check tonight to see if the problem occurs during the show. I didn't even think of checking that... Also this is a sequence I have run in the past however I have re-done the RGB version of the sequences.

Same boat here Greg, most sequences are redone from last year. Added RGB's with E681.

I personally haven't used E681 and ELOR but I would see the same issues when I used several CCRs durning playback from the Sequence Editor. But as a show there was no issues. However, I was able to resolve the lag and hanging pixels by unchecking all the options (ex: move grid with play, ect) under the play button and making sure in the Network Pref the speed was set to fast for the comm port.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I Found the problem to my "hung" pixel....

it still hung even when running only with the Enabled Show

turns out I was right at the limit of the chips data transmitting distance. (about 18')

Sometimes it would work fine... and sometimes now.

..I inserted a null pixel and it now works flawlessly.

Edited by Crazydave

I Found the problem to my "hung" pixel....

it still hung even when running only with the Enabled Show

turns out I was right at the limit of the chips data transmitting distance. (about 18')

Sometimes it would work fine... and sometimes now.

..I inserted a null pixel and it now works flawlessly.

Just for clarification....you have 18+ ft between the 2 pixels strings and you added a "null" pixel between because it was too far for the chip data signal? Hmmm...I didn't realize you can go that far. Good to know.