Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem With LOR

Guest guest

I have been using LOR for about a year and today I whent and tried to open up the LOR Seqence Editor and got the message shown Below (you do not have appropriot lisence to use this functionality.) About a month ago I had cleaned out the computer but I have used The seqence editor since I have cleand out the computer.

It only happens when I try to use the Seqence editor. Everything eles works fine (Show, schedular, and hardwhere utility work fine) I will go and look at rthe LOR wiki agian but I could not find it there but Ill try agian.

Any help is apprecated.

Thanks Ricky

Attached files 130487=7738-LOR Problem Screenshot.JPG

Richard, it sounds like a security/firewall issue. I tried to reload LOR on my computer at work after they did a change on our computer systems. I'm in the military and so they get pretty strict on what can be loaded on each computer. I get the same exact message you got when I tried to install LOR. You might look at your security settings or your firewall set-up.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

LightORama wrote:

LOR directly does not require a license. I am not sure why this would happen. What version of LOR are you using.

I am using verison 1.5.0. I have never had this problem before using this version. I had to reload a new version of the hardwhere utility when I first got LOR, I think, becuase it could not find the Comm port and it was a version that had a mistake. But have not had any problems till now. The only thing I have changed is the fact of cleaning out the computer and Added a Macaffe Sercurity Softwhere.

Santas Helper wrote:
Richard, it sounds like a security/firewall issue. I tried to reload LOR on my computer at work after they did a change on our computer systems. I'm in the military and so they get pretty strict on what can be loaded on each computer. I get the same exact message you got when I tried to install LOR. You might look at your security settings or your firewall set-up.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

It could be a security/firewall issue becuase as I siad above I added a new program called Macafee Secerity Softwhere.

Don wrote:
Richard, are you using ZoneAlarm?

I'm getting the same error message at home. Installed ZA a few months ago, but haven't opened the Sequence Editor since.

No I am not using Zone Alarm.

I'll asked my dad as he is in the computer industry and he was the one who clean out the computer and he was the one who loaded the Macafee Sercurity Program.

Thanks For all your Help. Dan if you find a reasone for the message please let me know. Thanks.

If I fix it I'll Post.

I recently ran into problems with Mcafee security suite were it rendered some programs inoperable. I had to remove the spam and indentity protection to get the programs to work again. You might try that before uninstalling the security suite totally.

• 4 weeks later...

When I reinstalled it I did not Uninstall the LOR software first, I just installed it agian.

Should I try uninstalling the the software then reinstall it. (I could not find anything to unistall the software.)

I fixed my first problem by reinstalling it.

Thanks Ricky

Ricky,

If you have everything to reinstall it (backup to another souce), I would uninstall everything.

Go to the start button, click on control panel and click on the add/remove programs option and remove/uninstall LOR all together. Make sure all you sequences/audio is backed up.

One more thing, it might still be a firewall issue.

Tom

Hi,

Send an email to support@lightorama.com. I think that things have become a bit messed up on your machine. Tell them you need the "reg wipe" program.

When you get the program:

1. Stop all LOR programs

2. Run the Reg Wipe program (will only affect LOR registry entries).

3. Start the LOR Control Panel

It should step you through the setup procedure like you had never tun LOR before. Just make sure you select the same location for you sequences and audio files.

LightORama wrote:

"reg wipe" program.

Dan,

That is great to know. Didn't realize an animal like the existed. Thanks for the info. Hope that helps out Ricky.

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Richard, it sounds like it's looking for the show files but can't locate it. Can you play a regular sequence OK?

Tom

I can Play a seqence in the seqence editor just fine.

LightORama wrote:
Hi,

Send an email to support@lightorama.com. I think that things have become a bit messed up on your machine. Tell them you need the "reg wipe" program.

When you get the program:

1. Stop all LOR programs

2. Run the Reg Wipe program (will only affect LOR registry entries).

3. Start the LOR Control Panel

It should step you through the setup procedure like you had never tun LOR before. Just make sure you select the same location for you sequences and audio files.

I will give that a try.

Thanks everyone The "Reg Wipe" file worked great. I have not hooked my computer back up to my board to make sure it worked but I can run seqences and enable shows. only one thing seems to be different (I told LOR support about it). THe LOR status bar is different looking. (It probalt is'nt a big deal but I don't know if it means something was reinstalled incorectly. In the picture below the black areas are usually white. I am so glad it is working.

Attached files 133282=7948-LOR Status Bar.JPG