Light-O-Rama Forums

What is 2012's "Party Rock Anthem"?

Rapajez

I'm going to try using Call Me Maybe as my first ever attempt at sequencing. I converted the song to WAV and opened it in the Sequencer. That's as far as I got, haven't had time to do anything yet. I'm sure it won't come out good, as I've never done this before, but I figured it'll be a good song to start with since it's got a good beat. How do you guys come up with inspirations as to what to do? I can pick up the beat really well, I've got a good ear for music, but trying to decide what channels should do what at each beat is still a very difficult concept for me to grasp.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Torqumada286

• gmac

• caniac

• Rapajez

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try using Call Me Maybe as my first ever attempt at sequencing. I converted the song to WAV and opened it in the Sequencer. That's as far as I got, haven't had time to do anything yet. I'm sure it won't come out good, as I've never done this before, but I figured it'll be a good song to start with since it's got a good beat. How do you guys come up with inspirations as to what to do? I can pick up the beat really well, I've got a good ear for music, but trying to decide what channels should do what at each beat is still a very difficult concept for me to grasp.

I use Mp3. This should be a simple song. It's in 4/4. I just started to sequence this one. What i did firs was run the beat wizard at every 2 beats. Then I run it for quarter and 16th notes.

My display is set up in 4 ch interments of red and green.

1-8 House (slow movement)

8-16 tree (medium to fast)

17-24 Mini Trees (fast)

I just started this song a day ago.

ok folks here is the winner,I have been hearing about this from my son for weeks,an now it's gone network tv

do it post it and it will get a million plus hits

ok folks here is the winner,I have been hearing about this from my son for weeks,an now it's gone network tv

do it post it and it will get a million plus hits

I don't know about this one maybe its he video that turns me off......Like the beat but thats it ............May be OK for the teenie boppers Probably I'm just getting too old (LOL)

I have been working on PSY for a few months and was hoping he'd go unnoticed. I don't really know how to sequence yet so it's been a bit of a challenge but been likng what's been coming out of it so far.

my son said he would do it,but I am going to cut it down to about 1-to 1 minute and a half,,mostly chorus and middle of the song

I have been working on PSY for a few months and was hoping he'd go unnoticed. I don't really know how to sequence yet so it's been a bit of a challenge but been likng what's been coming out of it so far.

tooo late it was on snl last night and has already been on ellen

What about Gotye's "Someone I used to Know?" It's been the top selling single this year.

Torqumada

I personally think this is a winner, but don't see to many others talking about it.

You know.. I definitely think "Call Me Maybe" is going to win out on this one... But a song I never thought of that another guy did for Halloween and posted about in another thread was Titianum by David Guetta.. Its actually really good and there are a lot of things that can be done with it!

You know.. I definitely think "Call Me Maybe" is going to win out on this one... But a song I never thought of that another guy did for Halloween and posted about in another thread was Titianum by David Guetta.. Its actually really good and there are a lot of things that can be done with it!

Thanks Brad! I appreciate the compliment! Glad you liked the Titanium sequence.

I have also been working on this song by PSY for a bit. I am using singing faces with mine also and from last year I have 32 more channels. Its a work in progress but so far I think it looks great...just really hard on the mouth movements cause I have to get them as close to what is said...and I don't speak Koren...but so far the wife and kids are loving what I have done...hopefully will be completed before I setup for Halloween, if not will put it out for Xmas.

ok so I finished the mouth (i think) here is a link to some of the seq in the visualizer. Got a few fixes to make and have not finished all the other channels yet...but it gives a general idea....as always your thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated.