Light-O-Rama Forums

Can You Print Channels By Controller?

OurMikeyRocks

I would like to print my channel assignments in order by controller. Can that be done?

The current print by track works, but sometimes it would be nice to print by controller. When the channel count and track count start getting higher, it becomes a chore to find unused channels, etc. It would also be nice to print an inventory for each controller and attach it to the controller.

Should I send my request to wishlist@lightorama.com ?

Thanks, Mikey

Having only 3 controllers - I keep assignments in Excel, some extra work to enter/maintain - but I can do what I want with it.

It sounds like having the channels ordered by track is great for the sequencing.

It also sounds like having them ordered by controller would be great for wiring up the display.

I'll ask LOR and just maybe they will give us an alternate way to print our channel assignments.

Mikey

I would like to print my channel assignments in order by controller. Can that be done?

The current print by track works, but sometimes it would be nice to print by controller. When the channel count and track count start getting higher, it becomes a chore to find unused channels, etc. It would also be nice to print an inventory for each controller and attach it to the controller.

There is an easy way to do this. Start by opening a sequence file in the editor. Goto tools then to channel configuration. A popup will appear and in the lower left of the popup is a "PRINT" button. click on it and it will print all the controllers with there assigned controller number, channel number, item name.

Page will look simular to this:

# Type Network Unit Circuit Name

____________________________________________________________________________________

1 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 1 Arch 1 Segment 1

2 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 2 Arch 1 Segment 2

3 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 3 Arch 1 Segment 3

4 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 4 Arch 1 Segment 4

5 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 5 Arch 1 Segment 5

• Like 1

There is an easy way to do this. Start by opening a sequence file in the editor. Goto tools then to channel configuration. A popup will appear and in the lower left of the popup is a "PRINT" button. click on it and it will print all the controllers with there assigned controller number, channel number, item name.

Page will look simular to this:

# Type Network Unit Circuit Name

____________________________________________________________________________________

1 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 1 Arch 1 Segment 1

2 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 2 Arch 1 Segment 2

3 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 3 Arch 1 Segment 3

4 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 4 Arch 1 Segment 4

5 Light-O-Rama Controller Regular 01 5 Arch 1 Segment 5

Well, I tried this and realized it will work if your don't use tracks and you have put all of your controllers/channels in order. However, if you have tracks and have controller/channels scattered through multiple tracks and have controller/channels that aren't used, it actually prints the controller/channels for the selected track.

This is a nice try and will work for some, but this won't do what I am looking for.

Thanks, Mikey

Well, I tried an experiment and discovered that since the .lcc file is really and XML file, Excel will read it into a spreadsheet. After you delete a few unneeded rows and columns, you end up with the channel name, device type, controller number, and channel number. Then if you sort on the controller number and channel number you end up with the report I was looking for. If you want, you can add some headers and blank lines and it makes a nice looking report. This will certainly do as a workaround, but it would still be nice to have the software perform this task.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has this been implemented in any way yet? A channel list for my 16 controllers would be extremely helpful. That's 256 channels to sort though, not including 6 CCD's (another 900 channels, lol).

Use a main Track or master track on you sequence that has all the controllers in order on it

but it would be nice to have something you can modify the print sheet

e.g. I dont want the rgb stuff to print its like 3 or 4 pages just for two strings

so what I use is a program called PRIMO PDF its a program that installs it self as a printer and once you select print it will convert it to a pdf file which gives you some control

Edited by TitusCarnathan

• 2 years later...

Well, I tried an experiment and discovered that since the .lcc file is really and XML file, Excel will read it into a spreadsheet. After you delete a few unneeded rows and columns, you end up with the channel name, device type, controller number, and channel number. Then if you sort on the controller number and channel number you end up with the report I was looking for. If you want, you can add some headers and blank lines and it makes a nice looking report. This will certainly do as a workaround, but it would still be nice to have the software perform this task.

OurMikeyRocks, your post is the only one in this thread that was on topic and addressed the issue with a realistic functional work around.  Manual methods are insane when you are dealing with multiple controllers.  I tried it using Excel 2007 and it works.  And yes, you do have to do some clean up, but it's far better than entering everything manually.

I am disappointed with LOR that they have not provided this as a feature or at least a 3rd party program to be able to extract, sort, format, then print the channel configurations after all these years.  10 years for me.  I need something to manage my 27 controllers.  You can do the math to calculate the channels.