Light-O-Rama Forums

The Clock Is Ticking

Guest Guest

Your Status?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. With both season's fast approaching, where do you stand on sequencing and props?

• Completed
    • Nearly Completed
    • Half Finished
    • Quarter Finished
    • I'm Waiting Until Next Year

Guest wbottomley

For those who are doing a Halloween display...your time is even closer. But... for those of us that do Christmas, does it seem the clock has 20 hours in a day?

It seems that I can't get enough done in a weekend.

The fun part is when you're doing BOTH Halloween and Christmas, having to transition one into the other can be a real headache, even a nightmare at times. :P;):)

being my first year and going with 2 controllers and 2 dmx for rgbs on the roof. the closer it gets the more i feel im behind. shouold have 98% of my leds by the end of the month. and have 3 1/2 songs done out of ? Good thing is my son is getting really good at sequencing. so im sure he will get me where i should be by black friday.

I had to go with half way. All but one song is sequenced. All of my new props are built.

I am still waiting on my MITS light order. SOOO all of the new props still need to be wrapped,strung etc.

I really thought that I would be further along by now.

I'm behind on my sequencing, but at least getting time to work on it. Most of the lights are ready to go. I would love to get one more controller.

I'm nearly there but for a little bit of tidying around the edges. This is my first full blown year so in theory i'm nearly there but won't really know that it's all ok until i have set everything up in the yard and it's all functioning as it should :)

I'm way behind in sequencing doing realy well with my new props and light this year. I built 64 new channels this year. I just feel really behind.

I was hoping to have the props done by now , but I am stuck in a holding pattern because I am still waiting on my order from MITS. If they order ever shows up, it will start a mad dash to the finish.

I was hoping to have the props done by now , but I am stuck in a holding pattern because I am still waiting on my order from MITS. If they order ever shows up, it will start a mad dash to the finish.

I think there are alot of us in the same BOAT!!!! hopefully it doesn't sink.

It's always something and yet we seem to figure something out and the show goes on.

Edited by dknahoolewa

I have all my sequencing completed.. Now I'm working on the eh music that I didn't plan, but if I had time, I would work on. I am working on my props. I finally got that garland to wrap my trees with.. So the next couple of weeks i will be working on that. As it stands, I should be ready for setup about mid oct..

Good poll and as of right now very realistic that no one is completed (DONE).

I truly believe you are never done in this hobby. Even when the display is up and running, you look at it and see something that can be better. So you work on the sequence to update it or start working on it for next year.

I'm way behind this year for both Halloween and Christmas, so I voted a quarter since there was no lower choice.

I have been working on Both, have Halloween done, this is my first one for that season, up dated my Christmas songs and made a couple of new things for Christmas.

Wish I had more room, living in a side by side condo makes for small seq.

I have been working on Both, have Halloween done, this is my first one for that season, up dated my Christmas songs and made a couple of new things for Christmas.

Wish I had more room, living in a side by side condo makes for small seq.

I too live in a condo, and I'm using a common area for my display. If you can go up, you can do amazing things. Maybe next year post a pic of your place and see if we can give ideas for next year.

my wife has had two major surgeries since late June. A total hysterectomy, which thank God they found no cancer! And after that surgery in early August her gallbladder stop functioning and she had to have emergency surgery to have that taken out. I can't even begin to tell everybody how horrible it is to see your love of your life suffer the way she has over the last 20 weeks. Her estimated recovery time ithe Dr. says probably another 4 to 5 months, so I had originally decided not to do the show this year because of the obvious, when I'm home she needs me by her side. My fantastic wife on the other hand had a very long discussion with me and she feels that I have to do the show this year, so that being said, I will be doing my show this year but any work that was planned to upgrade my show will be put towards next years show, there is one thing I'm working on that I've been working on prior to her surgeries, that I have to finish which are my new roof lights and only because I through all the old ones out. Other than that I'm doing exactly what I did last year just changing up the songs a little bit. So I'm thankful for one big thing my wife being home she's cancer free and in time she'll start to feel better soon. And I'm very happy that we've decided that a Christmas light show is a must this year.

• The topic was locked