Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR DC Controller

Guest guest

Dan; Do you know if the new DC controllers will switch the positive or negative side. I am asking do to a thread I started in L.E.D.s about trying to run a Tri color RBG LED rope light off a LOR controller. We seem to have a problem with the fact that the rope lights are constructed with a positive common that dos not like the common return in the CBT controllers. Thanks AI

AI wrote:

Dan; Do you know if the new DC controllers will switch the positive or negative side. I am asking do to a thread I started in L.E.D.s about trying to run a Tri color RBG LED rope light off a LOR controller. We seem to have a problem with the fact that the rope lights are constructed with a positive common that dos not like the common return in the CBT controllers. Thanks AI

Positive power is applied directly to the attached devices and the CMB16 pulls the negative sides to ground.

John; Thanks for the Info. Thats how I thought it would work. Now can you tell me if there is any dimming capability with the new DC boards or is it just On/Off?? AI

The CMB16 is scheduled for summer delivery. It is patterned after the CTB16D AC controller, supporting the same effect set, number of channels, 40 amps, 5-60 VDC input power. These specs may change slightly when we're done with quality testing.