Light-O-Rama Forums

R U Starting on the LOR this year

Guest guest

Where did you get the connectors? What gauge wire will you use with them? I went with Molex on last years boards, but had to use so many of them since our Radio Shack didn't carry a lot of the hig pin numbers. I may have to order some online so I can narrow it down to just 2 per board.

Chris

cghargis wrote:

Where did you get the connectors? What gauge wire will you use with them? I went with Molex on last years boards, but had to use so many of them since our Radio Shack didn't carry a lot of the hig pin numbers. I may have to order some online so I can narrow it down to just 2 per board.

Chris

- TMB (CA, NJ) www.tmb.com
- Creative Stage Lighting (MI, NY) www.creativestagelighting.com
- ACT Lighting (CA) www.actlighting.com

I am using 12 guage because of some long runs. The connectors are not cheap but you could hammer nails with them if you needed to...they're that tough.

AI wrote:

Hi Tim; Greetings from Allentown. Just how much are the connectors?? AI

I am using the solder versions and they are around $55 per connector so it is costing me $110 per board. Kinda overboard but like I said, I dont like the cold and anything to make my setup go faster is worth it.

AI wrote:

I just like the fact that they are water prof. AI

Yea, I forget what it is but the salesman was telling me that the mono piece has some sort of water proof certification. The split shell is water resistent.

AI wrote:

Tim; What do you do if you need to move something on a box with the connector?? AI

I have the connectors mounted on the outside of my boxes with long pigtails going to the boards terminals. If I would have to move a channel I would just move the corresponding wires to the new board. At the very worst I would have to splice additional wire or desolder the pins and resolder new wire.

I will post photos once I have one completed.