Light-O-Rama Forums

R U Starting on the LOR this year

Guest guest

Just finished syncing this year's second song a few minutes ago. It's funny how 1 song can take you just a few hours per minute of music, and another (about 8 seconds shorter than the first) took 10+ hours per minute. :? Whew ! I still have to update 5 songs from last year with controls for another 96 channels (on top of last year's 64). I find that you can't have too many channels, and if you think you do, you obviously don' t have enough lights. :laughing:

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

..! I still have to update 5 songs from last year with controls for another 96 channels (on top of last year's 64). I find that you can't have too many channels, and if you think you do, you obviously don' t have enough lights. :laughing:

D.T.

Nice to see you pumping up your arsenal Dave!:]

jeff

I will start sequencing after coming home from PLUS 2007 in August. Can't wait to see what's new and improved this year during Plus.

Our 2006 display featured 80 channels and 10 different songs. 2007's display will likely add something as well as make some mods after watching the 2006 show live.

For any newbies and any interested parties, I make my standing offer. My seven page "Greg's Guide for Programming Musical Sequences" is available free, just for emailing me ggregzim@yahoo.com.

The guide book is aimed at the first timer and was born out of my experiences of going from 0 to 80 channels in 2007.

I am going from 32 channels last year to 144 channels this year. I am using the same songs, and already have 16 of them updated. My sync'd show will run about 96 channels right now, but I may add more of the other lights into it. I have my plans for what I am going to build this year, but haven't started building them yet. Too busy with a race car right now.

ggregzim wrote:

For any newbies and any interested parties, I make my standing offer. My seven page "Greg's Guide for Programming Musical Sequences" is available free, just for emailing me

The guide book is aimed at the first timer and was born out of my experiences of going from 0 to 80 channels in 2007.

Greg, a public thank you for donating your LOR beginners guide to the LOR Wiki project.

For those who want to view it simply look under the "Getting Started" portion of the Wiki. http://www.lorwiki.com or http://www.lightoramawiki.com

txgstraitbullrider4 wrote:

Hey roadnut:

thxs alot i need to know this stuff better iam a dumb dumb for not learning it yet.

3 words

READ READ READ

(and ask inbetween reading if theres someting you cant find or dont understand...its the best way to learn)

I'm waiting for LOR II before I start my sequencing. Right now I'm working on the setup of my display. For example, I don't like to be out in the cold so I am trying to stream line my setup. I am putting 37 pin Socapex connectors on each of my controllers. Then I can have all of my cords cut to the proper length (already did that part last year) and have them ready to be connected on the light end. I just take the socapex connectors and twist them together at the controller and all my connections are done. I am also in the planning phase of some custom snowflakes for the roof which will kinda dance to the music.

http://www.socapex.com/products.htm