Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Codec

Linda

Some of my videos aren't playing right. When I play them in WMP they work fine, but when I play them in the sequence editor they show up as a visualization. They are all MPEG. I had several codecs installed before I had to format and don't remember which ones they were. Has anyone else had this problem and if so which codec did you use to solve the problem? I would rather not use ffd show if possible, but I think that's the one I need. I have version 3.60. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Linda

Have you tried converting them to WMV files instead. I have found that MPEG's really lag in some applications mainly because of all the extra codecs. I have only been using WMV files and found them the most consisent in working in Windows with LOR and many other applications. .

I installed a WMP codec and everything is working now. I usually don't like wmv because of video quality and size but I may try a couple and see becuase of the lag issue you mentioned. I really didn't notice a lag last year though except on a couple of videos.

• The topic was locked