Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2012 Area 51 with fireworks and light show

ChristmasCanada

Im planing a theme of Area 51 for Halloween 2012. Im going to have a massive UFO hovering over the house and 2 UFO's that looked as if they crashed in the yard. I also purchased a Cobra firing system for shooting fireworks with the music. I'll be only shooting fireworks on Saturday's through October

I will using all dumb RGB strips on my windows and roof outline. I have CCRs that will be used with the big UFO and E632 controller and 2811 strips for the smaller UFO's

I'll be using the songs...Sail by Awolnation, Uprising by Muse, I'm shipping up to Boston, Yanni Live standing in motion and Starlight by Muse.

Anyone have ideas on how to make a weatherproof Alien body.? Lol....I'll post pictures of my progress as I build my display.

Admin Edit -

LOR Disclaimer - LOR does not supply equipment that is designed for use with pyrotechnics. The use of pyrotechnics is dangerous and should only be done buy experts using equipment designed for use in that role.

Im planing a theme of Area 51 for Halloween 2012. Im going to have a massive UFO hovering over the house and 2 UFO's that looked as if they crashed in the yard. I also purchased a Cobra firing system for shooting fireworks with the music. I'll be only shooting fireworks on Saturday's through October

I will using all dumb RGB strips on my windows and roof outline. I have CCRs that will be used with the big UFO and E632 controller and 2811 strips for the smaller UFO's

I'll be using the songs...Sail by Awolnation, Uprising by Muse, I'm shipping up to Boston, Yanni Live standing in motion and Starlight by Muse.

Anyone have ideas on how to make a weatherproof Alien body.? Lol....I'll post pictures of my progress as I build my display.

do you have any of this sequenced? would love to see Sail and Uprising (have started on Uprising but so far not a big fan of what I have).

do you have any of this sequenced? would love to see Sail and Uprising (have started on Uprising but so far not a big fan of what I have).

. I have started sequencing but no where near finished. I'm finding Uprising a little tough but (Sail) should turn out good.

How are you handling the ignition of the fireworks, via LOR?

I planed on using my Cobra Wireless Firing System... But my wife tells me.... Not a chance.

I'm curious about that massive UFO hovering over the house part myself. :blink:

Ok... Not massive... But with my small house it should look big..

( I AM NOT USING LOR FOR FIREWORKS....JUST THE LIGHTING..).

I have a firing system for my fireworks.

• 4 weeks later...

+3 WOW!

I have loved that idea and had thought about it for some time but did not know how to make the ships.

I too would love to see day pics.

There's lots more to come... If you can believe it, the UFO hovering over the house is 50ft in circumference... For some reason I can't seem to post anymore pictures.?? The boat shrink wrap for the UFO's worked out great.

You might have maxed out on your very limited space for pictures (LOR forum suks when it comes to this).

Delete some pics you posted or possibly resize them smaller to have more space.

But don't delete the spaceships. :D

This is a daytime pic of the UFO's.... Also another night shot. videos coming soon. I'm still in the process of building a Area 51 sign outlined in pixels. Hoping to win my local area Halloween contest this year.....

if you don't win ill send you a prize myself LMAO i can say i personally think thats the best use of lor i have seen so far

well done and looking forward to seeing the videos