Light-O-Rama Forums

Marty Slack's Opening Song

Guest guest

Does anyone or Marty himself please let me know what the opening song was for him on his winning video.

THAT WAS AWESOME - REALLY EXCELLENT CHOICE TO GET PEOPLE'S ATTENTION!

That song does not seem to be a Christmas song? Does every song you choose, does need to be Christmas for your show?

Great job Marty!

Bill Jr. wrote:

Does anyone or Marty himself please let me know what the opening song was for him on his winning video.

THAT WAS AWESOME - REALLY EXCELLENT CHOICE TO GET PEOPLE'S ATTENTION!

That song does not seem to be a Christmas song? Does every song you choose, does need to be Christmas for your show?

Great job Marty!

I think you are talking about Reflections of Earth. EPOCT uses that song during their big finale.

A lot of people use songs that are not Christmas.

Some only do Christmas songs.

I say do what you like. The only thing I suggest, we need to have a responsibility to know who our audience is and be careful what we play.

At Halloween and Christmas a lot of kids are looking at our displays. They need to be appropriate for all ages. (I am mainly thinking of Halloween.)

Michael B

It's hard to find the full version of Reflections of Earth. I believe it was part of EPCOT's Millinnium Celebration in 2000. The full version of the song is over 9 minutes long and needs to be edited due to many slower parts. The nice thing is the song has many different segments that are easy to splice in or out, repeat, etc. How good are your music editing skills?

Thank you Marty for restoring my sanity. I knew I had been to that site before but I'm on a different computer and don't have the bookmark. I've been googling and searching for litterally hours trying to find it again. I was just about ready to post and beg someone for it.