Light-O-Rama Forums

You think there fast in the Olympics

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

So last night we are watching television about 9:10pm and out of the corner of my eye I see this thing flying around, now don't get me wrong I have nothing against birds but I am thinking to myself how did the little bugger get in here, so I turn on the light and to my suprise the little bugger isn't a bird, he is a bat, now I know there was a world record set in the ladies 4x100 relay in London but that was nothing compared to my wifes reaction, from the chair to the bedroom in under 3 seconds, I haven't seen her move that fast for years, as I slowly got up from my chair I said hey throw me a towel and I will catch the little fella and throw him outside, she said (can't repeat this as this is a family orientated forum) so I went out to the garage and got my chipping net came back caught the little fella and threw him outside, I said to my wife she try out for the 2016 Olympics, all I would have to do is stand at the starting line and release a couple of bats, she didn't think that was funny go figure. :rolleyes:

Too funny. I almost spit Sushi across the table.

I do the same thing when my wife tries to get me to eat it (sushi)

I don't do a halloween display, well not like some other guys around here, I do a big Christmas display last longer than 1 day

So longer than a certain Seattle display???

Edited by shfr26

what? You didn't keep him for your Halloween display???

ROFLMAO. I was thinking the SAME thing Jim!

I would have gotten a bird cage or some kind of cage and put the bat in there. Always wanted a "pet bat". ;)

Some folks just have all the luck. B)

LOL

HEY!!! :angry:

It may have fallen over..but it was back up and running the next day!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by jimswinder

OK, I've got to add my bat story. About 30 years ago I made my first backpack trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. To fully understand this story you need to understand that the bat population in the Grand Canyon is around 20 million. At the campground at the bottom there is one payphone and it seems everybody who hikes the canyon for the first time feels a need to call home to tell where they are calling from, so during the evening there is always a couple people standing around waiting to use the phone. So there I am along with a few other hikers waiting to use the phone. There is one electric light over the phone and after a while someone comments that it's surprising that there are no bugs flying around the light. We all agree that it does seem odd. About a minute later someone says "Hey, there's a bug". Sure enough there is a single bug flying around the light. Not more than a couple seconds later a bat flies past the light at full speed, and you guessed it - no more bug. At that point we all knew why no bugs flying around the light - and we were all far more appreciative of the millions of bats that come out every night..

Yup... bats are our friends. They eat A LOT of bugs.

I'm glad you were able to free the little fella without harm.

Bats are endangered and protected and important to our planets health.

tj

• The topic was locked