Light-O-Rama Forums

2007 Contest Winners (complete with apology)

Guest guest

The web guy is taking too long for the Flash conversions and the new videos organization. Here is a link to a couple simple pages to make the raw videos available. Sorry for the delay, but take heart, we will try to put up a couple hundred more as soon as we can.

http://www.lightorama02.com/VideosTemp/2007winners.htm

This was an eleventh hour effort, please be kind.

These are beyond words. I applaud all the winners and congratulate them for a job well done. You can see that much planning went into the displays.

[align=center]WOW!
[/align]

Dale W wrote:

These are beyond words. I applaud all the winners and congratulate them for a job well done. You can see that much planning went into the displays.

[align=center]WOW!
[/align]

Applaud to all the winners and congratulate them for a job well done. I got to see Willie Stokes Display in person "WOW"

John Thanks for posting

Jerry Plak

Great job winners! You desrve to win! Awesome display and very creative.

Dan, Mary, and John thanks for having the contest, the videos, and the prizes! What an incredible contest! :dude:

Michael B

Way to Go Winners!

Great job everyone. The displays are unbelievable. If my display for 2007 is half as good as any of these I'd tie up traffic for miles;)

The amount of animation that went into Craig Newtons is awesome just when I thought I'd seen every part, something else moved. The timing seems perfect I love the guitar player looks like he's even on key:laughing:
I see Marty Slack can't avoid adding to his already awesome display to make it unreal or uh real?
Willie Stokes has an incredible display with so many things going on it looks just like a 1/2 scale model of a real carnival. I bet you need a full time crew just to keep everything working.
Bryce Kinda has a train that I've been dreaming about making for a long time.I love the video from an engineers perspective.
I bet Richard Faucher is already working on some animation to go with his "enlightening" static display.
And the Lindsays WOW just the sheer magnitude and lighting impact their display has is just ..............WOW !!!!! So WOW it almost hurts OW:cool:

Thank you all for putting so much time and effort into making the world (or is it Planet Christmas) a much brighter place.
Thank you John for getting the videos up and viewable....

Wow,
All I can say is that Marty Slack's display is mental. That is the ultimate Christmas display man. I have a lot of work to do. Nicely done!!!!

I like the staff Fav in Oregon too....

Kudos to all winners and all others of PlanetChristmas. May your Christmas displays bring happy joy to you, your family, friends and all who visit your display.

-Evan

I think Toymaker summed it up pretty well. All six displays are incredible. The big thing I noticed is how much different each display is from every other one. All six displays went a totally different route on themes and overall looks. It shows us all how we can all have beautiful yet unique displays.

Congrats to all!!!

Those were AWESOME!!! I think they even exceeded my expectations and I knew they were going to be killer! Marty is insane, of course in a good way and my wife and I nearly split a gut watching the Toy Soldiers jam but when they started dancing.........well, that's just awesome!!!!

Congratulations to all winners! I know how much work you put in to your displays and they were all incredible as we knew they would be!!!!!!!!!

Thank you LOR for putting on the contest!!! We love it!!!!!!!!!!

Clyde and Tamra Dearing

• 1 month later...

Hi John and all the other LOR guys,
Just curious, but how is the customer video page update going? I see the main videos page http://www.lightorama.com/Videos.html still has the 2005 videos. Granted, I love those videos but I'd like to see the 2006 submissions (or honorable mentions) in addition to the winners.

Of course, it's not like you guys are busy or anything.;)

rns

Long Long story short. We hired out the creation of the video page for 2006. Everthing was converted to Flash.... Lots of good reasons to go with Flash...

Well they have tried and tried to get it right and it has simply not happend.... Sound quality is poor, they fix it(not really), sound/video sync is off, they fix it(not reallY), video quality is poor, they fix it(not really)... This has gone on and on....

Some of the videos are fine but we want it right. We do not want to put up the videos messed up. Granted the videos are of mixed quality both in the actual show and quality of recording. We want it to be as good as it was presented to us. I really hope to have them up soon. We are so darn frustrated by this.