Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller is in

Guest guest

UPS delivered the CTB16PC controller yesterday, I spent about a hour hooking up the electric cables and got the controller working, the problem is I stayed up untill about 1 a.m. playing with it :shock:, I started sequencing Wizard in Winter, I can say I am lousy at the tap wizard :laughing: I suppose it will get easier with practice.

Ben

Ben

How many controllers did you get/have? Was it the complete assembly? Are you going to get any more? I finished assembly on the kit about a week ago and got it hooked up and tested. I am getting ready to order about 5 maybe 6 more kits next week. Am I way to curious????

I see you joined TCL thanks for joining up. You can get a lot of good help within the TCL family just ask. Hey don't forget to do your introduction for TCL and let everyone meet you. Yo can learn a lot from this bunch.

By the way I am very bad at the tap wizzard i think I could do better with a hammer. I did find out about Audicaty it helps a lot.

Anthony

Anthony

I ordered the 16 chann. the board was already assem. all I had to do was install the board and attach the cords, since I know nothing about soldering and installing all those little parts :laughing: what does audiocity do ? how would that help with the tapping if it does ?

Ben

I assume you have LOR version 1.6 ?
Try to view waveform. This has sped up my sequencing dramatically. Make sure you zoom out to see the whole thing.

Good luck Have fun

The tapper does get some getting use to. Have you tried using the new Wave Form as a means of seeing the peaks of the music? It isn't perfect, and depending on the music used to sequence, it is a good second reference for hitting light ques on the beat or loud passages. You may also have to "scale up" the peaks so they really stand out.

Have fun.

Tim

Ben Hopkins wrote:

Anthony

I ordered the 16 chann. the board was already assem. all I had to do was install the board and attach the cords, since I know nothing about soldering and installing all those little parts :laughing: what does audiocity do ? how would that help with the tapping if it does ?

Ben

Audacity and LOR (the upgraded virsion) will let you see the peaks in a wave form. These peaks let you see high points and changes in the music. If you have not upgraded you LOR software do an upgrade to the new software and then you will see the wave form as an optional tool. As everyone states it take practics, I havent mastered the tap but then I havent really sat down and tried.

I once made a statement that I would never purchase a LOR kit and build my controllers, but I have to say it is easy to build. I made the statement not because of an inability to solder but because of time. I woul say to everyone that if you have 4 hours to dedicate to building a controller you should do it. It was very easy and the instructions were very clear. If you do not have experience soldering practice on some wire or a cheap pc board. Soldering is an easy task to learn and pick up on.

Anthony

I'll be putting that to a test very shortly. My 16PC kit just arrived yesterday. This will be my first shot at soldering - if it goes well, three more PC boards will be ordered during the sale. If it goes really well I'll probably order a Ramsey FM25B kit as well.

If it goes really bad - well 9-1-1 is right around the corner!

I have the FM30 to build, once I clear a work are in the basement
I just bought (4) 16 channel boards, waiting on delivery - 64
I'll be buying some more during the sale
Every time I look at what I want to do I realize I'll need more channels
I was only going buy 32 channles, then it was 64, then 96
Now I think I am jumping to 128 channels this year

This should be fun.......

and in about 2 weeks I start building my ~250' Sunroom

Ben Hopkins wrote:

UPS delivered the CTB16PC controller yesterday, I spent about a hour hooking up the electric cables and got the controller working, the problem is I stayed up untill about 1 a.m. playing with it :shock:, I started sequencing Wizard in Winter, I can say I am lousy at the tap wizard :laughing: I suppose it will get easier with practice.

Ben

Funny you should mention tapping at 1:00 in the morning. I was up working on a new sequence last night until 1:38 AM. The tapper is invaluable to me. I have looked at the waveform display in the new version, but I always go back to the tapper. Hey, does the waveform work while USING the tapper ?

D.T.