Light-O-Rama Forums

Vista! good to go with lor or not.

Guest guest

Sorry if this is a repeat question but, I have been trying to read all the vista posts, but don't see anything new. Is vista good to go yet or are we still waiting. I did a dumb thing and bought the upgrade online last night, downloaded it "but" have not installed it, thank god because at the last min, remembered i read something here about it not working yet. so do or don't i install it? and if i am not installing it can anyone tell me how i un-install the downloaded file with the vista on it or can i just leave it till we are ready ...I did have to buy it.

Ralph

Ralph wrote:

Thanks, but can you give me a little more detail what does not work.

It's a file that was in the older versions of windows with the media player that does not exist any more. I guess LOR uses the file to import and play the music files. Vista does not have the file so the problem is that you can not import the music into your sequnces.

Ralph wrote:

Thanks, but can you give me a little more detail what does not work.

From what I've read here at PC the issue surrounds the default location of the audio files, and some new security measures in Vista.

Musical sequences will not work.

Dan already has a beta version being tested. A quick email to support@lightorama.com might get you in on the testing phase.

I installed the beta version with minor difficulty but haven't had the opportunity to plug a controller into it yet. The sequence editor, show editor, etc all work fine with Vista, but the real test will be running a show.

I haven't tested it yet, but what if you ran an XP Virtual machine on your Vista pc.
That way it would be running on XP on Vista. We use it for some of our legacy apps at work and it works quite well there. All in all I would stay with XP as Vista has a lot of hurdles to overcome and that darned User Access Control thing should have never been put into Vista, how annoying...

-Evan