Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a little Christmas. Can the LOR winners videos get posted?

Guest guest

Does anyone know when LOR is gonna finally post a link to, or the actual videos of the contest winners on their site?

My Christmas spirit is almost gone. I would love to see the videos. The contest ended about 2 months ago. Im sure looking at all the contest videos was time consuming though.

Im pleading... I need videos. Must have videos!!!:laughing:

Thank you!

snowlovergeorgia wrote:

Good things come to those who wait. I'd like to see them as well but I'm still catching up from last years ideas/videos and started working on ideas for this year.

Think of it as, maybe they're preparing for the sale in a couple months. That's something even more important to get ready for (in my mind).

And heck, who knows. Dan and company might still be in hibernation from last year :]. It was a big year for LOR.

If the winners know who they are, maybe they should take the time to post their videos and save Dan the time to prep for the sale. You know they have them.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

snowlovergeorgia wrote:

Does anyone know when LOR is gonna finally post a link to, or the actual videos of the contest winners on their site?

I'm working on it. The winners should be up early next week. I want to follow that with a large sampling of the entrants. I'm working with some one to do all the conversions (VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs, ...) to one format. Because of the scale, the winners will probably be followed by multiple updates.

Santas Helper wrote:

Think of it as, maybe they're preparing for the sale in a couple months. That's something even more important to get ready for (in my mind).

Tom

And, in fact, Tom is right we are currently consumed by sale preparations. We want to have a few new products ready for it.

John

Thank you. At least we got an update. The squeaky wheel gets the oil I always say. I know patience pays off, but while people still have Christmas and LOR on their minds...lets keep them interested all year and not just around the holidays. Thanks.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

And, in fact, Tom is right we are currently consumed by sale preparations. We want to have a few new products ready for it.

John

C'mon dmx module :)

I will probably post my LOR video entry on my website, but I'll wait until after Dan has started posting on the LOR site. I think that is the right thing to do since he sponsored the contest. I'm still amazed at the fantastic prizes and the generosity of Dan, Mary, and all the others at LOR. I'm sure they spent some long hours going through all of the entries.

I'm as excited as everyone else to see the LOR videos. I need the boost myself. As a temporary consolation I spent the last several minutes watching videos that PC members have posted on their websites. It was great!

It would also be interesting to know the number of entrants per category. John, can you squeeze that in anywhere? And how do the number of entries this year compare to last year? Just looking at the posts, I would think a big jump, but that is just speculation.

Thanks also for having such a great contest. Maybe next year :P

Tim