Light-O-Rama Forums

6 Channel SuperStar "Star"

BrianBruderer

Brian,

Since I've already purchased 2 of these stars from you, would you be able to offer the molded back piece separately? I do see that you have the drop down piece to buy separately.

Yes, I can sell the parts separately. The breakdown for the molded back star is:

$5.00   machine bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts

$95.00  Set of 6 whitle LED light strings

$60.00  Front star piece

$90.00 molded back

So in your case, you want just the molded back, so it would be $90.00 plus $20.00 shipping. If you want to do that, let me know and I will email an invoice to you.

Brian,

Thanks for the super fast shipping of the star. I received it today. I have not opened the box yet but hope to possibly get started on putting it together maybe this weekend. Thanks again,

Eric

• 2 months later...

One day I hope to upgrade to one of Brian's 6-channel stars but for now I'm using one of the 4 element exploding stars from 3G.  However, I added one of those 'tree topper' stars that are designed to top a standard Christmas Tree and it seems to work fine.  So I have a 5-element star.  My controller's channel 6 is still reserved for the day I can get the 6-channel stars and my sequences all have six channels dedicated to the star.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my "molded back" star last week. The star arrived quickly and was well packaged.

The area at the top of my "Midi Tree" (Too big for a Mini, too small for a Mega) is 3/4" plywood. The tree has 16 strands of 50 count 12mm pixels spaced 2" apart in the new plastic strips from Boscoyo, and is a 2D tree. The final "legs measure approximately 9' tall, therefore, I call it a Middle Sized Tree or Midi.

I removed 6 of the machine screws from the around the edge of the star and replaced them with longer screws to pass through the plywood. Double nutted the screw with one nut holding the molded back to the star's front piece and the other on the back of the plywood with fender washer.

Thanks Brian for a quality product.

• 4 years later...

Brian, How thick is the RGB star front? Will the 12 mm pixel nodes fit good or will the pixel Nodes need to be glued into place.

The front of the star is 1/8" thick so that 12mm nodes will snap into the hole. However, some of the 12mm pixels are a bit thinner than others. There may be some pixels that you will want to hot glue into place after snapping them in.