Light-O-Rama Forums

How to mount CCBs to roof/gutter

mmaness

Don

Since the CCB's do not unscrew from the base, do the bulbs pop through the hole on the clip? In your picture, the bulbs look slightly larger than the hole.

The clip has enough 'give' to allow you to get the bulb through.

The clip has enough 'give' to allow you to get the bulb through.

Thanks Don. Those clips would work perfectly for me then. Let us know if you are going to offer them for sale.

Thanks Don. Those clips would work perfectly for me then. Let us know if you are going to offer them for sale.

Will do. Working on the details now. I'll update when I know more.

I will be zip tying mine to 2" PVC, along with my strobes & icicles. Each is 18' long with 3 eye screws and I can get all 4 up in just under 10 minutes including hoisting them too the roof.

I found another site for the Gripper Clips

http://www.toolclip....s/gripper-clips

Hum... looks like the ones I need are $0.74 a piece. Does that make sense?

You can get those clips from Ace Hardware. (4) for 3.99. I use them about every 3'. my lights (red, green, white C9) hang down using 3/4" PVC

I have found that using vinyl J-channel works perfect on my gutters. I simply zip tie the CCP's to the j-channel by drilling a small hole and then using the existing tabs to fish the tie through and secure the bulbs.

Once you have the strand of lights attached simply turn the channel over and the lip of the j-channel fits nice and snug over the edge of the gutter. In addition the small curve of the j-channel prevents it from falling foward. To remove the j-channel, simply push up and lift off. An added bonus is that it is extremely light rather than using wood or thicker PVC. Costs roughly 10 bucks for 24 foot of j-channel at lowes/HD. The j-channel also will move freely allowing you to push and pull the lights into place with ease and can easily be cut and folded over for easy storage without removing your lights. I just zip tied the seams were I cut the j-channel to keep it together, but still allow easy folding.The hardest part was apending the 45 min or so to zip tie the strand to the j-channel, but in this hobby that's nothing. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Would be happy to post pictures if anyone is interested.

Chris

I will be zip tying mine to 2" PVC, along with my strobes & icicles. Each is 18' long with 3 eye screws and I can get all 4 up in just under 10 minutes including hoisting them too the roof.

Hey Khawes,

I've read of a few people who've had problems with ccrs being zip tied. The chips get pinched off and wear quickly. Be careful if you go that route.

Believe it or not, we bought a .016 sheet of aluminum, typical front facing of newer homes, and put a piece of velcro on it, then put it in the freezer. The next day, we took the velcro off using goof off. The velcro can off without taking the paint off the aluminum sheet. This worked for us, but we're also going to buy a door housing liner from lowes to mount the ccr on, then velcro that to the roof, so when we remove the ccr, we don't damage it since we're pulling on a sheet of metal vs the actual ccr. Geeze, I hope this is clear lol

*Edit* My apologies to the editor - I thought everyone was asking about CCRs and not CCBs :( :( :( No more late-night responding for this cat!!!

Edited by DLTSLC

• 1 month later...

Rob- I use a very similar product in some areas and it works good. Easy to go up BUT take care when removing. They tend to "dig in" to the wood and can leave a scrape mark if pulled out. Best to pull the 'arms' apart to remove.

I have mounted my RGB/DMX ribbons on 3/4" PVC pipe. I used the sticky back but added the insurance of plastic ties every 3 segments. I use small spring hand clamps on the gutter edge and rest the PVC pipe in the "V" of the upright handles. Just before I lift the pipes in place I plug the segments together and also flex-tie on icicle strings. It all go's up from the ground using a hooked pole.

• Like 1

One of my challenges is that I would Like to install pex tubes with RGB strips inside.

However my house is stucco... how are people securing the spring clips to the stucco.... what are things I need to be aware of?

2nd challenge is i would like to also install pex with RGB around my windows. But my Windows and their frames are vinyl. Same question how do you attach the spring clips

The only exposed wood are my everything else is stucco

I used those 1 x 1 inch self stick wire-tie hangers you find in the electric dept at home depot. They are just the right size for LED ribbons. I use a wire-tie loosely thru and around... works great. Holds well but is loose enough to allow ribbon to expand and contract.

Drawback: They really stick! I put them up for my Halloween show when it was kinda cool and they stuck OK but not super-dooper. We had some

sunny 80 deg+ days and I guess that cured them good. I either couldn't get them off at all or they took the paint off clear to bare wood.

The white ones nearly match the color of my trim, so I'm leaving them up year-round. They fit great on the fascia, just under the gutters.

tj

• The topic was locked