Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok So I Have S3 V3.50Advanced And E681..now What

Crazydave

try turning off the "control visualizer" to see if performance improves.

Another reason that the Control Lights will automatically de-activate itself is if there is a USB adapter configured in the Network Preferences, that is not connected to the computer. After hitting play you can re-activate the control lights option, though DevMike indicates that driving a USB adapter that is not connected will likely cause performance issues.

The control lights will turn off if you A) do not have the USB485 connected upon startup of LOR software or B) do not have comm listener running.

i do have a usb 485 hooked up and control panel is running

As above, you must have the control panel running, and the LOR com listener program must be running, in order to use DMX from the sequence editor. Let us know if you are trying to run this in some other way like show on demand.

the show is being run by clicking on play in the sequence editor. when e131 is not setup all lor controllers work fine

How much PC is this running on? Does it behave differently if you turn off more of the LOR display update features?

its a dual core 3.6 8gb rams on w7

try turning off the "control visualizer" to see if performance improves.

Another reason that the Control Lights will automatically de-activate itself is if there is a USB adapter configured in the Network Preferences, that is not connected to the computer. After hitting play you can re-activate the control lights option, though DevMike indicates that driving a USB adapter that is not connected will likely cause performance issues.

the results are same with or without visualizer if e131 is configured ..... editor is sluggish and b'no lights work when the e131 is enabled i cannot connect to the lor controllers

its like something is disabling the usb485 when i turn on the e131

Edited by Crazydave

Have you stopped all LOR processes after changing the configuration, and started them fresh? Have you checked that your channel layout is not calling for a DMX universe that is not configured?

I did try shutting down all lor programs and restarting

I have 2 universes in the sequence I set two universes in lor network

Edited by Crazydave

please post your network setup page, Im curious if you have a conflict somewhere in this setup.

You might try the LOR verifier, and see if it provides any insight.

To use the verifier, put this sequence in a show, and that show in the schedule, Then launch the LOR verifier. It can check for a range of configuration conflicts.

The other thing to check is that you don't have any universes pointing at plug in adapter that is not present.

I'm trying to post images, but I cant seem to see how to upload them.

here we go I had click on more reply options

Also if I try to open the hardware utility I get the following erro:

"the serial port (Comm4) assigned to LOR is in use.

Using the LOR control panel, make sure that show are disabled

while you run the Hardware Utility"

(edit)

When I disabled the shows.. the error went away... and the hardware utility opened up fine.

and I am then able to control the LOR controllers.

Edited by Crazydave

Glad you found it, That is what I was about to suggest when you indicated the com4 error. That shows needed to be disabled, so that the com port was available for the sequence editor to drive. With DMX, you need the control panel, and com listener up, but shows need to be disabled so that the sequence editor can make use of the LOR USB adapters.

just in case I forget what the hell I did:

(maybe someone can confirm this for me)

1.) Engage Control Panel to start the com listener

2.) If a "SHOW" is enabled (ie: the light bulb in the system tray is blue) you CANNOT use the sequence editor to run a sequence.

If you want to run a sequence you must disable the "SHOW" and then you can open and run a sequence.