Hello all,

Every time I got to any of the new www.lor2012.com sites, I get a Trojan Horse warning from my anti-virus software. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Hopefully not, but just in case I thought I would let everyone know. Especially the good people at LOR! Thanks.

Josh

Hello all,

Every time I got to any of the new www.lor2012.com sites, I get a Trojan Horse warning from my anti-virus software. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Hopefully not, but just in case I thought I would let everyone know. Especially the good people at LOR! Thanks.

Josh

Just FYI - their website is www.lightorama.com - The lor2012.com is what they use for testing, etc.

Yes, but it would be nice that such stuff get fixed prior to being transitioned to lightorama.com so definitely worth mentioning. Plus lor2012.com is a public site even if it isn't advertised. Most new sites are tested out of site in private, so this is an "interesting" approach.

I have been getting the same warning from my antivirus program. I'm using Avast antivirus. I used the link that someone posted, don't remember who, saying this would be the new LOR website, but that it isn't finished yet. I believe the person who gave the link to the new website said that when the winners of the 2011 contest were chosen they would be posted on that new site.

I get a warning now also...

Mass Injection Website

I have Norton Security

Maybe LOR is telling us to STAY AWAY!!

Edited by jimswinder

www.lor2012.com no longer exists.

Odd.. It now redirects to www.lightorama.com

Not odd at all... LOR said previously that was a test site and that the official site to use was Lightorama.com. I guess they got tired of people going there and having issues, so they just redirected it to the main site.

I have norton 360 and it checks out fine. Also ran it through AVS and its fine too. Strange :huh:

that was this morning......now its all gone :0)

I liked the look of the new or test site though.

Edited by Bill P

I was cleaning up my favorites list while ago and started to delete the link to the new LOR website since it just redirected back to the current site, but this time it didn't redirect. I got the same trojan horse warning the first time but have opened the page several times since and don't get the warning anymore. I really like the looks of the new site.

• 1 month later...

I have gotten many attacks from one of the forum pages too. Lots of malware on whichever forum it was. I searched "megatree" this morning, opened up a bunch of the topics and at least one of them about killed me until I did a system restore and ran MalBytes.

I have gotten many attacks from one of the forum pages too. Lots of malware on whichever forum it was. I searched "megatree" this morning, opened up a bunch of the topics and at least one of them about killed me until I did a system restore and ran MalBytes.

Sounds like you have something that is looking like the problem is coming from an innocent site like lor forum, but probably not the case.

If you're eunning malwarebytes that should catch it, but also wont hurt to run either adaware or spybot as a second scrub. Sounds like whatever it is isnt being truly eradicated.